Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-19-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Biggest Limit Stud Pot Win II

3rd is very straight foward. hero completes because he has a decent buried pair and the Qs are dead. The guy with 5 showing does a limp raise, as per rule 5 of playing rolled up low cards. On 4th hero says I have big pair up. villian says I dont care. And away they go! Villian might think that hero is overplaying aces up because hero believes that villian has kings up. Or villian might be thinking, there is no way I'm going to lose with a rolled up hand. Begin the riggedstars comments from villian.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:12 AM

What I don't understand on third street is, why do we have 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_fold instead of 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_ bring in_fold ?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand on third street is, why do we have 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_fold instead of 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_ bring in_fold ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simply a case of someone using an older version of the converter which doesn't display it right.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:34 AM

Around 1900+, 20/40 7CS. 6 players, capped first two rounds, the only dropout on sixth street. Five flushes on the river. Ace high club flush, King high club flush, Ace high heart flush (I knew the King hearts was dead), and what appeared to be a mid sized spade straight flush. I had broadway in five, 4 diamonds to a royal with the AK. Popped the fifth non royal diamond on the river and just called 2 bets. The spade flush worried me. I had seen this guy make very smart plays and very dumb plays. That and the momentary shock of making my ace king flush made me just immediately call.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:52 PM

7CS High $1/$2 8PP: $94.70 = 47.35bb

Commentary:

It was nearing the end of a long session against a regular villain who was a tag. The table was five-handed at this point. It was the usual thrust and counterthrust, he suggesting he had a big hand I suggesting I did not believe him. However, on fifth he had three spades showing including the queen of spades and he was betting it like he had it but then he would do that even if he had not so I decide just to call him down. I really don't think he has it but there is a nagging feeling in the back of my mind. Yet again being heads up on fifth with some dead money and knowing this guy knows that you only have to bet once without being called heads up and the pot becomes his I am confident enough that he does not have the flush.

The question of whether he has the flush on fifth is somewhat moot for by the river he most certainly does. But so do I. His flush is queen high in spades. I have backed into the king high flush in spades. He makes the twenty-first raise on the river and I call. I discover I am good.

Then despite the thought that drove my, namely I am good and I am not stopping betting. The same thought which must have gripped my opponent. I looked at the pot size and was astounded. I am horrified to realize that the moment had gripped me and I do not know where the ace of spades was. It had not been folded in the upcards and could have easily been in his hand. What made me call was the thought that he may have backed into a full house if the three flush board on fifth was masking trips.

I do not regret calling but do regret losing control and not knowing where the ace of apades was at the very minimum. Egregious.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Commentary:

It was nearing the end of a long session against a regular villain who was a tag. The table was five-handed at this point. It was the usual thrust and counterthrust, he suggesting he had a big hand I suggesting I did not believe him. However, on fifth he had three spades showing including the queen of spades and he was betting it like he had it but then he would do that even if he had not so I decide just to call him down. I really don't think he has it but there is a nagging feeling in the back of my mind. Yet again being heads up on fifth with some dead money and knowing this guy knows that you only have to bet once without being called heads up and the pot becomes his I am confident enough that he does not have the flush.

The question of whether he has the flush on fifth is somewhat moot for by the river he most certainly does. But so do I. His flush is queen high in spades. I have backed into the king high flush in spades. He makes the twenty-first raise on the river and I call. I discover I am good.

Then despite the thought that drove my, namely I am good and I am not stopping betting. The same thought which must have gripped my opponent. I looked at the pot size and was astounded. I am horrified to realize that the moment had gripped me and I do not know where the ace of spades was. It had not been folded in the upcards and could have easily been in his hand. What made me call was the thought that he may have backed into a full house if the three flush board on fifth was masking trips.

I do not regret calling but do regret losing control and not knowing where the ace of apades was at the very minimum. Egregious.

[/ QUOTE ]

it took you to the 21st raise to consider that he might have backed into a full house? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 05:46 PM

When a TAG three-bets the river, I at least start to suspect a full-house or better. When he makes it four or five bets, I don't like a flush very much. I can't imagine going more than about seven bets with a flush against even a madman. Going 21 bets with a guy that you have even a modicum of respect for is insane.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When a TAG three-bets the river, I at least start to suspect a full-house or better. When he makes it four or five bets, I don't like a flush very much. I can't imagine going more than about seven bets with a flush against even a madman. Going 21 bets with a guy that you have even a modicum of respect for is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry folks, my mistake: tag should have read lag. He was fairly typical for the players found at these small stud games. I made the post in the early hours of a UK morning and was very tired and had work in a few hours time. It does look really really crazy against a tag but then I suppose a tag would have called eariler whilst wondering where on earth the ace of spades was.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it took you to the 21st raise to consider that he might have backed into a full house? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I was very tired but I thought I was good when the river went crazy after he had bet it down it did occur to me that he did indeed have the flush but mine was bigger.

The trouble with unlimited raises is that they are an invitation to sin: if you are good why would you stop betting?

The lag did not scare me. I had played about seven hours with him and online that feels like a liftime. I was happy enough at eleven raises because the fish overbet their hands whilst living in hope but yes there came a point when I had to think have I made a big mistake or he. It is situation requiring judgment..
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Commentary:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny to me because the BBV version of your story goes "...And when I was about to call in order to close the action, I was disconnected"