Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Folding an overfull to river minraise

No notes on villain. 21/1.8/2.2/100 hands. High river aggression factor (5). Does anyone really dislike my turn bet, or my river bet-sizing? Is river c/c better against this guy?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $71
UTG+1: $249.15
CO: $525.30
Button: $168.65
hero: $419.40
BB: $220.30

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, hero calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($12, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $12</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $32</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($100, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $90</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $180</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $90 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: $280
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Folding an overfull to river minraise

Turn bet is fine. On river, I would check call because flushes are a significant part of his range and there is no reason for him to believe that you have a full house because you lead into a large field with a straight out there and a flush draw.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:43 PM

I don't get why you would fold when he has such a high aggression factor on the river. He is either bluffing cause he thinks you have a straight or he has any of the possible boats/quads, most of which you beat. Of course the minraise is scary because it looks like quads but barring some kind of superread you have to get it in.

On the river I'd probably bet less for value and to induce a shove, but now that you've gotten him raising you when he's got like $50 behind, set him in. The only way you can possible fold is if his raising range is exactly AA/JJ and he's never bluffing.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:43 PM

I like the way you played it except I probably would make a crying call on river.

I expect to be beaten here by a fluke straight flush, aces full, even quad jacks sometimes, but seriously, 90 to call 370... I don't think I can make this fold with queens full.

EDIT: spelling. Also on second thought, given stack sizes, yeah, I agree with rempel that a shove is good here. He's have to call you with flush, even a straight sometimes given the ridiculous pot odds.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:50 PM

Just to point out that the stats are correct at the time of posting, and at the point of playing the hand I had ~70 hands on him and his RAF was something like 3.1 or something.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 PM

high RAF = absolutely no reason to fold that river... I think you laid down the better hand there.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:02 AM

I managed to miss that the royal flush hit but it's still a shove without some kind of godmode read. Who was the player?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 AM

I can't remember. Can find it later on if you really want to know. He later showed himself to be a complete tard but can't remember in what way either.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:10 AM

Generally its a safe assumption that people that minraise the river with like 30BB behind are retards.

If you had played the hand differently and c/c the turn then led the river then I could possibly see your fold but given you repped the straight the whole way I def don't even consider folding or just calling. If he has AA/JJ/KTs then you are supposed to pay him off.

I was at one of your tables for a bit but accidentally stopped FTP from recording HH so I can't even look at who the likely players were. I wasn't there when this hand happened though.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why you would fold when he has such a high aggression factor on the river. He is either bluffing cause he thinks you have a straight or he has any of the possible boats/quads, most of which you beat. Of course the minraise is scary because it looks like quads but barring some kind of superread you have to get it in.

On the river I'd probably bet less for value and to induce a shove, but now that you've gotten him raising you when he's got like $50 behind, set him in. The only way you can possible fold is if his raising range is exactly AA/JJ and he's never bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is he bluffing with?