Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Do you think poker is a game involving skill?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: chopsticks, fried rice, white people

MC Chris,

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing. Both posts you have made in response to me really don't make much sense.

1. When did I say there weren't stand alone rice dishes at Thai restaurants?

2. Go back and re-read my posts, I actually say that rice dishes have to be on the menu--I believe this is to meet a certain demographic.

3. Pay attention when reading, not only did you not understand what I was writing but you thought I was arguing...wtf?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM

tdarko,

You seemed to suggest that rice-based dishes were not "actual Thai dishes." This is what Chris is disputing, and his post did make sense.

I have no idea about any of this, and this is a really stupid thread, but I thought I'd clear this up.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM

tdarko,

i have been paying attention. if you read my posts you will find it is clear that i know what you are saying.

[ QUOTE ]
Go back and re-read my posts, I actually say that rice dishes have to be on the menu--I believe this is to meet a certain demographic.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you say i need to go back and re-read your posts when i actually addressed this exact issue? i clearly said you are flat out wrong that stand alone rice dishes have to be on the menu to meet a certain demographic. the proof is that these stand alone rice dishes exist IN THAILAND AND ARE EATEN BY THE THAI PEOPLE NOT JUST WHITEY McCRACKER.

you are coming off as batsh** crazy in this thread. you can still save some face though if you just admit you were up late last night or hungover currently. it's a standard defense when relaying SAT scores i know that much.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tdarko,

You seemed to suggest that rice-based dishes were not "actual Thai dishes." This is what Chris is disputing, and his post did make sense.

I have no idea about any of this, and this is a really stupid thread, but I thought I'd clear this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in inner Thailand. No one wants to eat actual Thai dishes.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tdarko,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what this means........

But let me say this... Fried rice is very much a stand alone meal in Thailand. I can't comment on how the fried rice is at places in the states is, but I would imagine it is fine. I will say that the food at most american Thai restaurants is similar to what is found over here, and sometimes better.

Any donkey who claims crap like "It's not authentic Thai food" is likely just trying to sound smart.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 PM

As mentioned in the Wiki page, fried rice is basically a leftover meal, just as you could eat almost anything with bread.

In Vietnam, I've only seen tourists (including myself) eating fried rice, all locals eat plain rice with meat/veggies apart.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tdarko,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it really necessary to write a page of text on rather you should eat rice with chopsticks or not? just eat the [censored] rice..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. But, how?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Hoya,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying that Chicken Fried Rice is not a Thai dish. Basil Chicken is a rice dish and is of course "an actual Thai dish," just like much of the menu. I just said that the small part of the menu at the bottom that is fried rice HAS to be on the menu--El D didn't disagree, the only thing that was disagreed w/ was when I said that this part of the menu was ordered more often than the Thai dishes (Curry, Basil etc.) which if El D is willing to "wager big money" then I would be willing to believe that I am wrong on that comment.

Then this Chris guy comes in talking about how "there are DEFINITELY STAND ALONE RICE DISHES IN THAI RESTAURANTS" lol wtf? I had just said that. So I make a post telling him that I had just said that and that he can't read properly, then he once again makes a post that doesn't make sense saying that "STAND ALONE RICE DISHES EXIST IN THAILAND BLAH BLAH BLAH" lol, no [censored]...I have said this over and over, why is this guy repeating what I am saying and yelling at me as well? This thread is comical.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 PM

tdarko you are ignoring my posts it seems!!

i am not disputing that you said there are stand alone rice dishes in thai cuisine. me stating something doesn't mean i'm saying you disagree.

the thing is you stated clearly that you believe the reason those dishes exist is basically for white people who want rice. you are absolutely dead wrong and i want you to admit that.

does anyone out there have a brain? please tell me who is making more sense, MC Chris or tdarko?