Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Deep and long hand analysis at 5/10, hows my thought process?

[ QUOTE ]
a little bit of a lack of continuity in your pf and turn reads. T8 and KT aren't in your initial pf reads (and probably rightly so for a 17/13 player UTG+1) but you made your turn decision based somewhat on him having those hands.

as for analysis of his turn aggro, i think it means if anything he's not going to be taking many c/c lines at all. in other words, IF he checks this turn with AA KK or AQ, he does it with intentions of raising or folding (most likely a raise). whether or not he checks those hands in the first place i suppose is up for debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I suppose it's kinda contradictiory but I think KTs is in his range, and maybe, when he chooses to mix it up, he plays T8s.

I agree with what you are saying, if he checks the turn, he's prolly not going to C/C but then again, I don't think he C/C the turn with AA/KK/AQ etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM

First off i love the thought process u went through if i read villian correctly in this hand with his flop aggresion of course he is going to cb this mostly dry flop. Now when you call with your passiveness he can squarely put u on a pr of jacks right?? I think he has kq or aq here 90% of the time and that is why he goes for the c/r on turn cuz he puts you on a jack and the queen is a scare card. If i was playing this turn i would just call the raise and even though a lot of rivers kill your action, i would take the chance to stack him on a safe river since he will most likely lead river here 100% and then i get my stack in quickly. If your not willing to play for stacks with top 2 it is very -ev to call this pf. Great post though helped me think thru hands better and also what is villian thinking during hands
Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 PM

i think i check behind a lot of the time.. this is a tough spot after you call the flop because your range is narrowed quite a bit IMO.. getting him to stack off w/ AA/KK is tough here.. he has to know you're going to bet the turn every time and be able to raise it for value, OR he's sure you're going to fold and this is a really really good play.. but this is a tough spot to go through with it
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 PM

I don't think he would risk a free card here w/ a set, so this leads me to believe he's either got KT or some sort of semi-draw like JT or 9T. I stack off here w/ top 2 all day. I know he's 17/13 and all and he's probably not doing this w/ air, but I just can't get away here.