Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 PM

Default who played tie then ?

this is from good2cu's post on shipitballas website
anyone know who played

I returned to college at the start of this semester and let’s say that didn’t exactly pan out . I decided to return to college after a depressing run at the poker tables (I made exactly $0 in Janurary-April from poker this year), which made me question my life choices and diversify my life. Before the semester started I worked tirelessly on my poker game, doing a lot of thinking about the game and consulting with my friends about poker theory. Immediately, I noticed many leaks in my game which I quickly plugged and soon enough found my results vastly improving.

Over the past few months I have become one of the biggest winners online at 10/20-25/50NL and have made several hundreds of thousands of dollars while rediscovering my love for poker and fine tweaking the smallest details of my games. I truly believe that from a game theory standpoint I am now one of the strongest (Top 100) no limit hold em players in the world. I have always enjoyed strategy games and I feel so truly blessed that I am able to make an incredible amount of money playing a game. The swings can be brutal but at the end of the day I am truly lucky.

My life has recently been single-mindedly focused on my career as I spend 8 days a day, six days a week playing poker. I wish I spent more time away from my computer, but as I job I can hardly think of anything I’d rather do. I don’t know how long the games will be beatable, or how long I can sustain this level of play and I’m going to try to make as much money as I can. I am taking the next step on Dec 1st and moving to Las Vegas where I plan on playing the biggest No Limit cash games in the world. It’s my personal belief that from a game theory standpoint the live professional poker players have a game that is far weaker than the online pros (they can largely overcome this with their instincts and ability to read players and spot ‘tells’). And the live ones live just make fundamentally huge mistakes that you rarely see online.

Recently, you might of heard rumors that I played Tie53 heads up at 300/600NL Hold’ Em and lost $600,000. I was not the one who played the match although I did put up 15% of the money to play him, in exchange for 15% of the profits. We ended up losing $350,000 to him overall (my share was around $50,000) l I don’t regret my decision to take a shot at him. I remain confident we had an edge over him (albeit a small one) and ran poorly. I have also been very finically successful recently and could afford the losses.

I don’t have many updates from my personal life as I basically haven’t had one recently due to my increased focus on work. Coming up I am going to be living in a balla high-rise condo right on the strip. I’m going to try to avoid the fast lane in Vegas but I’m sure I’ll go out clubbing one night a week. You can see the website for the complex I’m going to live in here: http://www.skylasvegas.com/. I got a baller 1400Sq foot 2 bedroom condo with marble floors, granite countertops etc. with a strip view. The condominium is the nicest in Vegas and is only a three minute drive to the Bellagio so it works perfectly for me. Anyways, I hope life is going well for all of you and I’ll try to post another update soon.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: who played tie then ?

putting up 15% of the money is true baller

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 06:10 PM

axxx xxxl
Old 11-16-2007, 07:01 PM

he seems....sober.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 PM

15% of this is true?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 PM

probably durrr
Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
85% of this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Andrew likes partying way too much for the 48 hour work week he speaks of to be true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SS
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM

"from a game theory standpoint I am now one of the strongest (Top 100) no limit hold em players in the world."

This kid can't be serious
Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 PM

full blog post copied yada yada yada dont do that
Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"from a game theory standpoint I am now one of the strongest (Top 100) no limit hold em players in the world."

This kid can't be serious

[/ QUOTE ]

why? doesn't seem unreasonable at all.