MP2: 32,808
CO: 48,742
BTN: 5,529
SB: 9,493
BB: 18,367
UTG: 19,750
UTG+1: 8,803
Hero (MP1): 34,652

Pre-Flop: (2,500) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 3,000</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to 11,500</font>, 4 folds, Hero ???

This spot is icky to me. Villain was 30.5/15.3 over 60 hands. Definitely a bit loose. He had been limping a lot after the rebuy period ended, but as the blinds progressed he stopped limping as much.

---edited to show stack sizes
Old 11-10-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: FTP 3 dollar rebuy--- icky spot with AQ

I think I fold this in general but Im missing all kinds or relevent information like stack sizes that could possible convince me that taking another route is a better play...
Old 11-10-2007, 12:49 AM

Sigh, let me get the stack sizes. I don't know why the damn converter didn't include them.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, let me get the stack sizes. I don't know why the damn converter didn't include them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call is too high a % of your stack so thats preety much out of the question here... I think taking a standard line and just folding is by far your best bet here... The thing is that your tracker stats dont really play here in terms of decision making... both because of the small # of hands (60) and the fact that this is a rebuy and you yourself have expressed that he has slow down atleast some after the rebuy period had come to a close... you might not like folding this good of a hand to a player who seems a bit loose but this is definatly a pick a better spot situation here IMO... Re-shoving... your only other option... and youd have to be certain you were ahead... is going to allow your opponent to play perfect poker against you... calling when he is ahead... and folding when he is behind... or calling with proper pot odds... w/e... but the point is you really cant force your opponent to make a mistake here... and the re-shove itself may be a mistake on your part...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 AM

Yeah if this is his first 3bet then I'd just fold, keep an eye on him though.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:28 AM

I remember this MLG post where he makes the great post that a person with loose/passive tendencies (such as limping often you can give him credit for being passive in general.

So when a guy who shows weak tendencies 3 bets you here you need to fold, though to be honest i'd be folding to a lot of players in this spot given positions.