Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

either way, its ridiculously unethical.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's impossible to rathole online anyway. Ratholing involves taking chips off the table. What you're complaining about involves leaving the table completely and starting afresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the definition of ratholing. ie Taking chips off the table and starting "afresh" with 20bb.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's leaving a table completely. Ratholing is slipping chips off the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you have 70bb, stand up and instantly sit back down again at the same table, in the same seat with 20bb. Then you have slipped those chips off the table, which is what we are complaining about. And what alot of russian shortstackers are doing.

So see you really do agree with our complaints you just didnt realise it.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM LOGICS
Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's impossible to rathole online anyway. Ratholing involves taking chips off the table. What you're complaining about involves leaving the table completely and starting afresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the definition of ratholing. ie Taking chips off the table and starting "afresh" with 20bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you have 70bb, stand up and instantly sit back down again at the same table, in the same seat with 20bb. Then you have slipped those chips off the table, which is what we are complaining about. And what alot of russian shortstackers are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 5 minute time limit will solve that problem. Gives plenty of time for others to occupy that seat.

I can't see what is unethical about it. The purpose of the game is to win money. Unless playing short is superior to playing deep, I don't see the issue. A check raise or bluff could be considered unethical if we're gonna say leaving ahead is.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:10 AM

Go play in traffic.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 AM

its amusing so far. keep it up.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:22 AM

Yesterday I had a great heads up game against a fish. As always a dirty [censored] [censored] [censored] douche bag short stacker sat down (IhateMuney). He did his usual push fold over preflop raises and every time he even stole 1bb he would immediatley leave and come back for the next hand.

After he sat down we never saw a flop. Do you see how this ruined the dynamic of the match?

Do you see how he was taking money of the table as you described?

Do you see how he was bending the rules of the worst run publicly traded company/poker site in the universe?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Also. Party not upping the 20bb minimum and just adding a 20 minute time period before a player can re-buy for the min. is just a cosmetic fix.

resourceful shortstackers will just get multiple accounts and play multiple limits. It won't do [censored]. the problem won't be solved. Typical Party.

The only way to combat shortstackers is to never spew to them. we should make a chart of calling ranges vs shortstackers pushing ranges depending on position and amount commited to the pot. and MAKE IT PUBLIC.

If everyone calls them correctly they could never beat the rake.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 5 minute time limit will solve that problem. Gives plenty of time for others to occupy that seat.

I can't see what is unethical about it. The purpose of the game is to win money. Unless playing short is superior to playing deep, I don't see the issue. A check raise or bluff could be considered unethical if we're gonna say leaving ahead is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait so you say that ratholing chips off that table is bad and I point out that is exactly what we are protesting. And now you dont see anything unethical, ok GG.

Also if you admit a 5min time restiction might be necessary that means you see the problem and agree a fix is needed, so I'm done. Later
Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also. Party not upping the 20bb minimum and just adding a 20 minute time period before a player can re-buy for the min. is just a cosmetic fix.

resourceful shortstackers will just get multiple accounts and play multiple limits. It won't do [censored]. the problem won't be solved. Typical Party.

The only way to combat shortstackers is to never spew to them. we should make a chart of calling ranges vs shortstackers pushing ranges depending on position and amount commited to the pot. and MAKE IT PUBLIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do. Makes it easier for me to figure out what you're doing, allowing me to adjust properly.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do. Makes it easier for me to figure out what you're doing, allowing me to adjust properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah you must be awesome at adjusting if you're shortstacking
Closed Thread