Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

Busted out 34thish in Flight B [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] . How did everybody do? Anybody have the results yet?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

I busted out about 65th in flight B - Cincy and Paul, how did it go for you? I saw you had alot of chips when I left - hope it went well!!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 PM

Paul, (pictured below, is the guy in the tie die shirt, raking in a big pot towards the end of Day 1 (In the hand where he won the chips, he went up against 2 all in players, and he had pocket aces, against A/K o/s and Ace 10 of diamonds, and his aces held up):

who was my horse, made it to day 2, but busted out in 36th place, 6 places shy of the money.

He was short stacked, and went in UTG with K/10 o/s, and ran up against A/Q of hearts, and paul didn't get his king or 10 but the A/Q got his ace, and paul was out.

As for me, I was at what I call the 'Poker Stars Table' in Flight A on day one.

My table nickname is Gabby (and if you sat at a table with me, you'll see it's justly earned) and I swear I'd never see the day, where there would be someone else that talked more than I did until Saturday.

Kid to my right in the 1 seat (I was in the 2 seat) on table 6, of flight A, would never shut up. I swear, this kid (who later informed my his name is 'bo' and he's from Tenn), talked TWICE as much as I have EVER done at a poker table, that's for sure!

We got to hear about how his truck blew an engine, various jokes and so on.

Finally one guy cracked up and said, I just can not keep a poker face around you, your too funny.

In any case, about an hour and 20 min into it, this kid (who I was calling him 'son' because he's about my own son's age, which he informed me he hated me doing that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , so I did it more), distracted me with some joke.

Overall, my table was a 'limping' table, so here I was in the cutoff position, looked down saw Q of clubs and Jack of diamonds and made up my mind to steal.

The rest of the table was once again limping in, when this kid said something funny, and I let myself be distracted.

I said raise in a loud voice, not realizing that someone had just quietly pushed in a 5k raise without verbalizing it.

Funny thing was, the chatterbox Kid folded just before me, but I had to make it at least 10k, since I said raise. I now had almost half my children out in the cold, as I had a little over 22k at that point.

Well, of course everyone after me, including the blinds folded, and the orginal raiser declared himself all in, and he had me covered.

I thought about it, and figured, well, it's either go large or go home, as I had almost half my kiddies in the pool at that point so I called.

He turns over pocket aces, and I turn over my Q of clubs, jack of diamonds.

I start calling for queen jack right off the bat, but what I get is 3 clubs on the board.

Villians Aces, neither of them is a club.

turn is a club, and I make my flush and I crack his aces and cripple him. I have almost 45k now.

He then starts ranting at me, like how could you call my all in like that.

I tell him, son (he's another young kid, and I find it interesting they get upset manytimes when I call them son. Even more so, because normally, unless I find out it irritates them, I do it because of their age and the fact I like them on some way), if you just cold call me, and go all in on the flop, I fold, even with a club in my hand, because I put you on some sort of Ace, and it could be the Ace of clubs.

This hand kind of sets the tone for the table from that point until I bust out an hour and 15 min later. Hence why I called it the poker stars table.

So, we go on break, and when we come back, the guy I crippled goes all in (turns out he has pocket 6's), for his last 4,200 bucks.

I look down and see I have the hooks, jacks, so I say, son, I'm going to give you a chance to get some of your money back, and I call.

Everyone else folds, but when it gets to the small blind, he announces he's all in (turns out he has pocket 5's), for a total of 6,400.

BB then just cold calls it (later it turns out he has aces), it comes back to me, and now, I have to call, as I figure I'm priced in due to just how much is in the pot, and it'll only cost me another 2200 to call.

Flop comes, it's Queen, 10, 9, and I have pocket jacks.

I have the up and down straight draw.

BB moves all in for his final 6200, but hell, there is so much money in the pot now, and I have a straight draw as well, I have to call.

He turns over the pocket aces.

I start yelling, I need a jack, a king or an 8.

Turn is an Jack, and the pocket aces tells me later, he about crapped his drawers then (in fact, after this hand, he disappears for about 5 min).

He then starts yelling for a king (which will give him broadway for a better straight), or an Ace for better trips.

River is an Ace, and he takes it down with a better set, and also takes out 2 players at the same time.

Funny thing is, if he would of pushed all in preflop, I would of folded the hand, and would of only lost 4200 from my stack, instead of almost 15k, which was almost all the chips I had won from the other player the hand before.

Well, we go back and forth for the next hour, and there is a short stack at the table.

Every time he goes all in, and I call him, I have a better hand, but he sucks out on me (I figure now, I must be in the minus factor in the 1st national bank of Poker Karma Suck outs), and I get down to about 18k.

Then this had comes up.

Chatter box has been playing a lot of hands, raising and so on, he now has more chips than me, and I'm still off balance from all the wacked out hands we've been seeing and I've been playing against at this table.

I'm 1 off from the cut off position, and it goes fold around to him.

blinds are 300/600 with either 100 or 200 ante (I forget now), and he raises it up to 1800.

I see from the other players (who are after me) motions, they are planning on folding to him, and I will still have position on chatterbox, so I look down and see K/10 of clubs, I put him on a high ace, and I call.

Flop comes Ace, blank, and a club.

chatter box checks, and I check.

Turn is the 4 of clubs, chatter box checks, and I think, should I bet? No, I have a flush draw, I figure he's got an Ace is trying to trap me, and I want to see a free card, so I check.

River is a club, and I get my flush.

side note here ... I've been hyper agressive most of the last hour, which has been frustating the table.

chatterbox bets 1500, I think for a moment, what are the odds, he has the ace high flush with only 3 clubs on the board?

He's sitting to my right, so in my mind it makes it even higher odds that he'd have 2 clubs in his hand, let alone an Ace/x of clubs.

So, I move all in, thinking he's got 2 pair, and I'm going to double up.

Bad move on my part, he yells 'booya' I gotcha! He then slow rolls his hand, and shows down A/9 of clubs, and I'm out of the ME.

(if anyone can give see where I messed up on my read or play, feel free to chime in)

On the bright spot, I won 2400 on the slot machines, so I've paid my way to go up to Deadwood, SD this coming weekend, and try again.

Anyone else planning on going to Deadwood to play in the HPT event this coming weekend?

It's only a 7hr drive, and the buyins are pretty much the same as in Blackhawk (with the qualifiers and sit and goes and such), with the exception that you can buy directly into the ME (at $1,640 total price for the buy in).
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 PM

BTW, if anyone (from Denver or elsewhere) is thinking of going up to Deadwood this week and weekend, to play the HPT there, here is a link:

http://newsite.heartlandpokertour.ne...007&eid=32

that posts the structures and so forth.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:25 PM

After Paul got knocked out, I didn't stay. Did anyone stay and see who won the HPT event in Blackhawk on Sunday?

Was it a local, or someone from out of town?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After Paul got knocked out, I didn't stay. Did anyone stay and see who won the HPT event in Blackhawk on Sunday?

Was it a local, or someone from out of town?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a little info posted here.
ETA here is one more link with a little more info on the top 6.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM

OMG, it was MIKE! WTG Mike! He is an AWSOME player indeed! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

Thanks Ultraviolet. It looks like they have all 6 final table players listed.

As far as locals... I play up there at least twice a week and do not recognize anybody. Boo Hoo for us locals! Did anybody play with these guys? I started with with the Banducci guy on table 7 (3rd place finisher top left) in flight B on Saturday. He was very aggressive and a pretty good player. He was up and down most of the day on my table. Some players successfully trapped him - others stacked off to him when he had a hand. When I busted out in 34th (on another table) he didn't really have all that many chips.

I also played with the 6th place finisher (bottom right) during my 340 qualifier - he was a nice guy I'm happy he won something. Other than that I don't know much about the others.

It sounds like the heads-up was an all in "luckfest" for the eventual winner - winning 7 all-ins with the worst of it. That's why you chop at final tables! Not much poker - just who gets lucky.

Unfortunately the HPT people didn't allow for chops - in fact they would have disqualified you! It amazes me how much power we give these greedy TV producer [censored] - they actually take money from US and don't give us any say in our own prize pool. I know chops make for bad TV but at least they can throw in some of their own cash to compensate for a lack of a chop.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM

Also, does anyone know when this will air?

Edit: Found it... 3-15-08 and 3-22-08.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM

5 out of the final 6 are from Colorado. That seems like a lot of locals to me! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can see your point about the luckfest and not allowing a chop... But I am guessing one of the main reasons the started the poker tour was to make a TV show that they could produce and sell, so I can see why having a good TV show would be a priority.