Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Raise this turn or no

Full live 10/20. Game is most loose passive with some random aggression thrown in (due to asian LAG) and pots are very large.

7 limpers (one poor guy folded), I have the button and pick up J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and limp, blinds complete.

Flop is K : [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]:J : [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Blinds check, UTG spazzy asian who bets any FD or OESD like it's the nuts opens the betting, 2 callers, a loose, fairly aggro regular raises (he has a K here almost always, maybe a big draw), folds to me, I 3 town, blinds fold, asian spazz caps, the fish stuck in the middle call, regular calls, I call.

Turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asian spazz checks, 2 fish check, regular bets. Do I raise or not?

(edit: yes I realize pf was loose, you dont need to remind me)
Old 08-26-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Raise this turn or no

with 7 limpers pf is fine.

i'd just call the turn; we picked up a nice draw and want to see the river cheaply as i don't think we have the best hand any more (kq/kj) but we do have something and don't wanna go buckwild/charge ourselves with it.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

7 limpers (one poor guy folded), I have the button and pick up J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and limp, blinds complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was I wasting my time in the 4 to a flop 5/10 there on Friday night?

As for your question, a made straight and any sets seem pretty unlikely. So we want to raise so long as there isn't a bigger two pair out there. If I had to guess, I'd say there probably is.

But since the pot is big and we might still be best, I go ahead and raise. If we are best, a lot of cards can come on the river (3 aces, 3 tens, 3 queens, 2 kings) that probably ruin us, and we want to charge anyone drawing to any of those outs.

If we are behind, sometimes the flush draw will bail us out.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:38 PM

if the first to bet is UTG then I might just call but since the first three players checked then we need to raise here cuz somebody could get his better two pairs or trips on the river, we want to isolate here.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:26 PM

tough. I guess I just call here. I don't really have much interest on having the checkers fold and the regular 3betting me. I just call and let the checkers call along w whatever goofy garbage they think might be good at SD.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:09 PM

omg, pot is freaking ginormous, board is draw-heavy, lots of overlay from fish and we have a moderately strong hand with a powerful redraw. raise! if the pot was smaller calling is less bad, but we're not against a set often at all(one combo of 66 and the rest raise pf). even most two pair combos that beat us would raise pf. if we are putting these guys on specifically AT or 9T i'm not buying it often enough to not face the field with two cold in a huge pot. imo what we see most are some sort of pair/combo draws that we get max value from by raising. i wouldn't put it past LAGgy asian dude to 3bet a worse hand and really help us make money. just say no to MUBS!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:30 PM

raise the turn.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:21 PM

Grunchage

I would raise this and also, I like your PF limp for the record with 7 already in
Old 08-26-2007, 11:26 PM

Raise for value and protection. Your two pairs could still be the best hand and anyone holding a king or a jack may have up to nine outs against you for the times that you do not hit the flush. It would be huge to get a hand like this to fold. Do not try to save bets here. The pot is easily large enough for you to do whatever it takes to maximize your chances to win it.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:02 AM

I agree with the raise. You want to push out the diamond draw and the King. But hell, if they all call you still have many outs to the best hand if you don't have it already.

Plus if nobody has the King and one comes on the river your hand is almost worthless because anybody with the Jack has you out kicked. Your raise has a good chance of pushing out the other Jack.

Bottom two pair with a flush draw is a pretty damn good hand on this broad.

If by some wild chance they all fold you still win a nice sized pot.