Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Sushi with Ultimate Power: Ninja NYC trip report (pics)

[ QUOTE ]
samj,

Let me reemphasize. The food was about $100/per and it was near inedible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine hiring and training a waitstaff of fully trained ninjas would be fairly costly.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Al: See TiK's post. Had Toby tossed the menu scroll in the air then used some hira shuriken to affix it to the table or wall, that would be a different story. We told Vlad to skip the magic, maybe we missed some good ninja stuff there.

RJ: Super-expensive but super good is Kyo-Ya (http://www.kyo-ya-restaurant.com/) - this is where all the Japanese businessmen eat. You might be thinking of Ebisu, which is very good, sort of authentic Japanese style sushi (basic, few wacky rolls, etc.). Sushi Groove South, Ace Wasabi, Tokyo Go-Go, and Blowfish are all great. Kabuto is another excellent place. I could list at least another 20 sushi places, so you'll have to give me a little more info. The only place that pops to mind as being especially small is Deep Sushi (http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/915771/) in Noe Valley.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

it was 4 years ago so my memories are very vague. i remember we parked in like 3 story garage, walked across a really wide street and i think it was somewhere in the circled region. i have more google earth research to do. i actually just found the girl on mysapce and will probably pm her and ask.

rj
Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Wait so sushijerk which one are you?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait so sushijerk which one are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he was referring to the secret spring menu, which featured the $50 omakase. It didn't have all the courses that I wanted to try so I went with the regular one.

Yes there was a ninja that shows up during dessert to do coin and card tricks. It was cool but the fact they used quarters and regular cards kind of messed with the ninja vibe.

I heard that they used to set the dessert menus on fire after you order. I guess that got too expensive after a while so they switched to regular dessert menus.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence intended, but Im going to be very happy if there really is a secret menu that EVERYTHING is 20$ cheaper.

Excuse me, ninja-waiter, Id like the super ninja menu please.

Ninja: Sir, I need the password

Duke: Hold Left + Select + Start + A + B when the phrase "Tecmo Presents 1989" appears. Continue to hold all buttons until the title screen appears in full. A sound will confirm correct code entry. Press Start to display the sound test screen. Press Up or Down to select a sound, A to play a sound, and B to stop a sound.

Ninja: Sir, thank you.....

And that saves hime like 300$. That would be sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2006, 09:51 PM

After reading about Ninja, I recalled I had read about it somewhere... it was here.

Check it out... scroll down to Sunday, May 7 on this blog post:

Link to Blog Talking About Ninja Sushi (with Pics)

-RMJ
Old 07-12-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was 4 years ago so my memories are very vague. i remember we parked in like 3 story garage, walked across a really wide street and i think it was somewhere in the circled region. i have more google earth research to do. i actually just found the girl on mysapce and will probably pm her and ask.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

RJ, somewhere in that area is a part of SF called Japantown.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:12 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

well i figured that was far far too vague since there were like 30 sushi places in that circle on google earth. it wasnt near the japantown complex however. i remmeber i was there when i went to a show at the fillmore. like i said, i emailed my ex gf to ask what the place was called today. however, i cant guarantee a response as she is good at holding grudges.

rj
Old 07-13-2006, 03:41 AM

RJ,

You said it was small, but I imagine you would have mentioned if you meant 12 seats in the whole restaurant, right? If that's what you meant, then the place is KISS (http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/900522/), which is excellent.