Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Fun and games at the Mirage. Maybe June\'s nocontent thread.

Ok, so sunday afternoon, I find myself in the Mirage, and I wasn't planning on playing poker, but my wife was along, and she decided to play blackjack, so unless I was going to watch blackjack for several hours, I guess I had to go find a game in the poker room, so I go find a cash machine, ($4 fee for a transaction) man, its not like the aren't going to get to rake my money again in the near future. But the alternative is to watch my wife play blackjack, so ....

Anyway, I get a seat in the 10-20 game, and post in the CO, someone raises, someone else threebets, and I fold, and the hand is headsup, and doesn't go to a showdown.

The next hand, it is folded to me, and I think that this might be a tight game, so I openraise with 76 sooted. My plan as always works perfectly, as the CO, button, and both blinds call.

Flop AQ6 rainbow. Checked to me, and I think 'noone threebet me, maybe none of them has an ace', so I bet. This goes a little better, because the button and CO fold, but the blinds both call.

Turn K. A little thought, and I estimate that I am in third place out of the remaining players. It goes check, check, and I check.

River 7! Hmmmm, I might not be in third place anymore. SB checks, BB bets, I call, and the SB folds.

BB has a naked Ace, so my two pair is good. She looks a long time at my hand, and then says something about trying to steal her blinds with 76. Oh well.

Now the hand wouldn't be any fun, unless there was an aftermath. So here goes. A bunch of players limp, and I check in the BB with Q4off. (too passive ?)

So the flop is Q97 twotone, with spades, and I don't have any. I check, because, next two players check also, and the villian from the previous hand, (Ok so maybe I was the villian) so the villians opponent from the previous hand bets, folded back to me, and I think about checkraising, but decide against it, and just call, and the rest fold. Headsup to the turn.

Another Queen hits the board, but I really don't know if that helps me or hurts me, so I check, and my opponent bets.

River, some inconsequential card ( it wasn't a four), and I check/call one more time. My opponent of course has an ace high spade draw, and complains about me calling a raise preflop with Q4o. I didn't but it doesn't really matter to me, because I don't want them to think about whether or not I am as bad as they think I am. Anyway, the rest of the table argues about it for a while, and decides that I didn't call a raise, so someone apologizes to me for saying that I did. I am thinking whatever, I don't care as long as the dealer pushes me chips.

I don't get to play anymore hands with this opponent, because she picks her chips up and leaves, because we all play so bad.

So, we have another series of plays, what I think is a reasonable local player sits on my left, and open raises, and it gets folded to me in the BB, I have K9 off, and call. The flop is Q9x, and I check call all three streets, and he has AK, and says, nice hand. Then he and the guy next to him start talking about whether or not it was a nice hand, and my opponent says, he got pushed the chips, it was a nice hand.

A little later, it gets folded to me in the SB, and I make a chopping motion, and he says that he doesn't chop, so I look at my cards, and raise. I actually have K2 sooted. The flop is king high, and I bet, he calls. The turn is an Ace, and I like my hand, because he didn't reraise preflop, so I bet, and he folds. He mumbles something about maybe he should chop.

A while later, it is folded to me in the SB again, and I have AK, so I raise, and he calls.

Flop AKx. I bet, he raises, and I call.

Turn, T, I check, he bets, I raise, and he folds, and says Nice hand' again.

When he is on the button, (why are you on the button, but in the blinds) he open raises, and eventually wins the hand. The BB complains about his raise, and he says, something about raising in position, and then says, unlike him (me) who keeps raising out of position, and beating me. He says something about the hundred dollars, I won by raising out of position, and that he is 0 for 2 with position against me. ( I didn't remind him about the K9 hand)

Ok, so my wife runs out of money, and wants some, but I have wisely put all the money in my pocket into the game, so I can't give her any to go play blackjack ( a manuever that you single guys might remebmer for the future). So we are going to leave within a lap or two. Anyway, it gets folded to me in the SB, I look at rag-rag, unsuited, and decide that I don't want to play. I flick my redchip over to the player in the BB, and he says ' I suppose you think that makes up for the $100 that you won from me?' I tell him that he is now up to 1-2 in blind battles with me.

Anyway, a fun session.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Fun and games at the Mirage. Maybe June\'s nocontent thread.

fun post. i actually posted a LC thread here. i can't believe you didn't notice it with all of the traffic it's getting.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:40 AM

OK, I'll cut and paste this into your thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:54 AM

sounds like a very fun game. That's what I love about live play. All the multiple levels of leveling going on even when you're not doing it. Even the levelers are getting leveled by the better players who are making the good plays, looking like donkeys to the others because they don't understand them.

Leveling...just thought I'd say it once more.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:19 PM

Good one. Why is that our wives go to play blackjack, we got to play poker and they come looking for more money to play more BJ? Hmmmm? Last time this happened to me, I got up from the poker table, gave my wife a hundy and went with her to watch her play some more $5 BJ. She hit a rush and in about 30 mins was up over $500 Unreal run. She won something like 14 hands in a row and kept upping her bets. Not just doubling her bets but she kept increasing them. She drew a crowd there for a while. Good times!