Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
all of you bonds troll idiots need to take a step back and realize something: the federal gov't spent more time and money going after a BALCO CUSTOMER than it did going after BALCO ITSELF, a MAJOR DISTRIBUTOR OF STEROIDS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop with the cost of prosecution crap. There were four guilty pleas two years ago by those involved on the distribution side. That would end the costs right there for the underlying bad deeds.

Then, as often happens in high profile investigation, they went after the big names who figured they were above the law during the investigation -- obstructing, participating in the cover up or simply perjuring themselves. It is a very old story, often repeated and appropriately prosecuted.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Seems unlikely that 1- this will go to trail 2- he'll see jail time. All imo obv.

In an upset, there are some retards in this thread.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the govt. spent millions of taxpayers money and after 4+ years finally reached an indictment after 3+ tries(my numbers could be off), you would rate that as a plus to your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the resources used in this case. Steroids are dangerous to young people and lying to the grand jury in a criminal investigation is a serious crime. The attention this case will get and the possible deterrent it will be (particularly if there is a conviction) on both steroids use and care-free perjury make it worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

how [censored] naive are you?

barry bonds isn't getting busted cuz he used steroids, he's getting busted cuz he lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I think I said that. How [censored] illiterate are you?

Of course the Bonds story sends a mixed message on steroids, but a conviction, a few months in jail and one of the best players in baseball shunned by MLB and the HOF as a cheater is an appropriate ending to the tale.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems unlikely that 1- this will go to trail 2- he'll see jail time. All imo obv.

In an upset, there are some retards in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the other retards in this thread knew how to spell trial, however.

I see it going to trial and Barry serving a small amount of time. Is it really possible that Anderson got released today without aiding in this investigation?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the govt. spent millions of taxpayers money and after 4+ years finally reached an indictment after 3+ tries(my numbers could be off), you would rate that as a plus to your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the resources used in this case. Steroids are dangerous to young people and lying to the grand jury in a criminal investigation is a serious crime. The attention this case will get and the possible deterrent it will be (particularly if there is a conviction) on both steroids use and care-free perjury make it worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

barry bonds isn't getting busted cuz he used steroids, he's getting busted cuz he lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the Bonds story sends a mixed message on steroids, but a conviction, a few months in jail and one of the best players in baseball shunned by MLB and the HOF as a cheater is an appropriate ending to the tale.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're fine with the misappropriated time and money spent on this case on the basis of your own peace of mind about a [censored] GAME?!

lol
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my point isn't exactly you're [censored] naive because bonds is getting popped for perjury rather than roids, my point is that you're [censored] naive if you think this will deter anyone (next time quote the entire post).
Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 AM

Bonds Lawyer according to a Canadian TV Channel can't find a link
[ QUOTE ]
We will no doubt, have more specific comments in the very near future once we have had the opportunity to actually see this indictment that took so long to generate, all you need to know about the government's case is that they leaked an official indictment to every media outlets in America and withheld it from Barry, his lawyer, and everyone who could read it and defend him"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously feel this way?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 AM

Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously feel this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I think he said that. How [censored] illiterate are you?