Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: BRAG: New poker table being delivered today

[ QUOTE ]
BYTS:

i guess you didn't notice st. louis was a minor league extra before he played with lecavalier - oh and all the wonderful players he was with before that.

and thornton's early years weren't exactly terrific either

[/ QUOTE ]

thornton's early years were incredible considering who was placed around him. i mean, he singlehandedly made glen murray an all-star the one year he was ever relevant.

no, thornton's never going to get 45-50 goals like vinnie, but he makes everyone around him soooooooooooooooooooo much better, and yes, i know about st. louis's background. doesn't matter, vinnie isn't nearly the player he is right now without him and vice versa.

joe thornton on the other hand could be dealt to columbus tomorrow and would turn rick nash into the most lethal weapon in the nhl and still get 90-100 points himself
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM

and yes, the thornton deal was one of the most one-sided in nhl history. basically offsets the kippursoff fiasco

EDIT: and this is coming from a guy who excited as he was about getting thornton still believed the sharks gave up too much to get him
Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 AM

i prefer luongo to brodeur too
Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 AM

This is an excellent table if you like playing bridge, but for poker not so much. Also, LOL at Tampa Bay

At least you can always replace the felt easy enough
Old 09-21-2007, 12:11 AM

glen murray has remained at a high level without joe thornton and was a good player in his own right when his center was jozef stumpel

before this year i would've said thornton > lecavalier - but vinny l had a sick year and sick playoffs. he is a dominant force in all aspects.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 AM

What's the diameter of that table, from the outside edge to outside edge? I've considered making or buying a round table, and I've wondered about the footprint. I'd like to do some calculations for a 10 person round table.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 AM

PA 2p2 home game?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the diameter of that table, from the outside edge to outside edge? I've considered making or buying a round table, and I've wondered about the footprint. I'd like to do some calculations for a 10 person round table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i remember hearing or reading somewhere that 2 feet of rail space per person was ideal. pi * diameter = circumference, right? 20/3.14=6.37, so a diameter of about 6'4.5" would give you about a 20' circumference
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Table is plenty big for 8 (you can fit a standard office chair int h space between each cup holder. I'll measure it tonight, but I'd guess it's at least 55".

Regarding the logo. I don't like the new logo at all. I'd much rather have the original one.

For those who consider this a beat, TB won a Cup not too long ago and is one of the most exciting teams to watch.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
glen murray has remained at a high level without joe thornton and was a good player in his own right when his center was jozef stumpel

before this year i would've said thornton > lecavalier - but vinny l had a sick year and sick playoffs. he is a dominant force in all aspects.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vinny and St-louis really benefit from one another, take one away from the equation and both their numbers will drop. This is why Vinny didn’t win the Hart trophy last year.

And look what Thornton did for Jonathan Cheechoo. Thornton is the superior player since he makes whoever plays on his line better. Glen Murray and Bill Guerin's numbers have suffered since Thornton is gone. He even made Mike Knuble look like a decent first liner ffs.

Vinny is a better goalscorer, Thornton is better in everything else.