Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Here is the text of an email I sent some of my friends/family today. I occasionaly send them links to videos and articles trying to get them to learn about RP.

[ QUOTE ]
The Ron Paul campaign's first huge test comes today. We know the media is trying to avoid him where they can and smear him when they can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7guZJ...aulnation.com/

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U5LgUiz2mBA

But money talks. And while the Ron Paul campaign has done well on the finance trail, today is the day that can really jumpstart his candidacy. The goal is to raise $10 million in one day. It would be the single largest day for any candidate in history. And I can guarantee the mainstream media wouldn't be able to avoid talking about that. All it takes is 100,000 people to donate $100 each.

I personally have never donated to a politician before. I always (in my many years of living, ha!) have felt it was a pointless endeavor. The choice we usually have to make is one of the lesser of two evils. Campaigns are filled with rhetoric, wishy washy sounds bites, and pandering to certain groups. But today we have the opportunity to take a stand against these things. We don't have to support someone who can be bought to trade $1 million of taxpayers money to build a Woodstock museum just for a campaign donation (Thanks for the ammo, Hillary!). We don't have to support those who want us to live in a constant state of fear, compelling us to give give give to grow our worldwide empire (Love you too, Rudy). We don't have to worry about our President having to "check with his lawyers" before making a choice (should probably check with all three of your wives too, Mitt (I kid, I kid)). Does anybody really know what Obama stands for? I have never heard him say anything of substance. Gonna cross him off the list too.

We have the chance to support someone who just wants what is best for you, for me, for us. Give us our freedom back. Give us our money back. Give us our lives back. And because of that I am going to be donating to the Ron Paul campaign today. I think you should too.

Think of it this way. $100 today can save you many thousands down the road. Remember, one of Ron Pauls first goals when elected will be to abolish the IRS, and with it the personal income tax. That would be a pretty solid ROI if you could "invest" your $100 today and get back 30% of your income forever.

And in case you need some more motivation, here are some great moments in US history to get you excited:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/892703...n_u_s_history/

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2007, 02:01 PM

I hope someone was able to answer Taso's question.

On an unrelated note, keep in mind that talking about fundraising isn't against the rules. I've personally made several posts about fundraising as part of a "horse race" analysis of the campaign. What isn't permitted is soliciting funds.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZyHoAPL3M

Video behind the scenes with Dr. Paul before, during, and after the Tonight Show appearance!

Approaching $2 million today and $5 million overall!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM

Fundraising is easy,
Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM

Looking like we'll hit 5 mil within an hour. If this pace keeps up, we should hit 6 by midnight.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM

What time period does this $5 million cover. The top tier candidates have been raising something like $5 mil/month so if Paul is raising that kind of money its impressive.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What time period does this $5 million cover. The top tier candidates have been raising something like $5 mil/month so if Paul is raising that kind of money its impressive.

[/ QUOTE ] October 1st till now. But today probably taps out a lot of the donations for a while ahead.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oct. 1. First of the quarter, I believe.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Ron Paul will raise more than Thompson in Q4.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM

take dog for walk, come back RP +130,000.