View Poll Results: Title is...
an oxymoran 6 21.43%
a paradox 1 3.57%
an enigma wrapped in a mystery 7 25.00%
what's a limit hold-them? 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Hitting on visitors

So my roommate thinks I "crossed a line" here, but I don't.

Here's what happened:

I woke up on Saturday morning, kind of hung over, and there is some girl I've never seen before talking to my roommate, Narek. I soon discover that she is transfering to my school next year (I'm leaving this month), and she met Narek on the internet. This isn't quite as sketchy as it sounds, because Narek is very involved with the Armenian Studen Association, and she is Armenian.

During the day, I spend a fair about of time hanging out with Narek and the girl, Victoria. While hung over she looked like a 6, but after she got ready to go out and I sobered up / drank again she went up to an 8. lol.

Anyway, that night I go to an Armenian dinner and party at a restaurant. Almost everyone besides me there is Armenian, and Victoria doesn't really know anyone, so I spend a lot of time with her at the party.

It becomes clear that she is at least somewhat into me. She gets semi-jealous when other girls text/ call me, she laughs at everything I say, she tells me about my "personality" type, etc. As the night and my BAC progress, I get more and flirty with her, which she appears to enjoy. She flew down for a day and was going to stay in a hotel, but decides to lie to her mom and crash on our couch. (-->note: she is 21, don't ask me why she has to lie to her mom... it's an Armenian thing I guess).

After we leave the party we have some people over our place, and also go to another party for a few minutes. I start jokingly calling her my girlfriend. During all this another girl who I've slept with (another story) comes for a little while and I hit on her for a bit.

Towards the end of the night we were cuddled up on the same sofa, but that was the extent of it. (I know, lame story).

Anyway, my roommate apparently thinks I "crossed the line" by hitting on her (which in his mind started when I jokingly called her my girlfriend, which I did a bunch of times). He went on some rant about how she is trusting him, and all Armenian girls should be treated like his sister... etc.

What really bothered me was I told him way earlier in the night that I thought I could probably hook up with her, and he was like "eh... I dunno..." which he later claimed was a directive to not try anything. I was also telling her Narek would make a good boyfriend next year when I'm not here, lol advancewingmanshipments.

So what it comes down to is: Is your roommate's visitor, who he met on the interenet, is lying to her mom to sleep in your apartment, and is showing IOIs (indicators of interest)... FAIR GAME?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Hitting on visitors

Haha, nice interception.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 AM

Isn't he gonna like bomb you now?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 AM

I can understand him being annoyed because he thought he was going to bang her. Saying all Armenian girls should be treated like his sister is retarded.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand him being annoyed because he thought he was going to bang her. Saying all Armenian girls should be treated like his sister is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's kinda sick that he'd want to bang his sister.

If he says all Armenian girls are to be treated like his sister, that means that he's closed to door to pursuing them himself and it's time for you to get on it
Old 03-07-2007, 05:38 AM

he told me he was firmly committed to not hitting on her himself.

Agree about the sister thing... that's like sort of racism.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying all Armenian girls should be treated like his sister is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
He just said that cause he didn't want to outright accuse you of cockblocking him.

If he genuinely didn't want to bang her, then his claim is retarded. He thinks all Armenian girls are off limits to everyone he knows?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 AM

he should get first crack at her

and then you should go for it
if he doesnt want the crack, you can take it
lol
Old 03-07-2007, 05:49 AM

You should tell him that all white(or whatever you are) girls are like your sisters and thus off limits to him.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:53 AM

J,

"he told me he was firmly committed to not hitting her himself."

If he said that, fair game. Otherwise, you should back off completely and leave her to him until he completely strikes out.