Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: that \"eerie\" feeling pt.2 ..new to full ring...25/50 PS v. empire2

idk, this seems weird to me, he woulda reraised the flush on the flop, he may have a set and be scared now, since he didnt have the nut flush i'd be leaning towards him having a set, i like leading the turn and calling a reraise, c/f is also a very close decision
Old 05-14-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: that \"eerie\" feeling pt.2 ..new to full ring...25/50 PS v. empire2

[ QUOTE ]
kind of curious about what roman just flat calls with on the flop there... even more so when the Ah hits the turn. I would think he would just push flush

[/ QUOTE ]

i am pretty sure he would push flush, but obviously not 100% of the time. Obv. he doesn't have the nut flush. Him calling the flop with a hand like an overpair+hearts seems kind of strange to me, but maybe since I'm an unkonwn to him he feels his hand is underrepped and I will pay him off/maybe he's ahead? This hand confused me more than any other hand I've played this month...I was totally lost when the Ah came.

By the way, I thought about, in order of preference

1) value-bluffing this turn
2) chk/folding this turn
3) chk calling AI this turn.

what do you guys think? also wtf do u put him on double-cold calling here?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM

I would probably check/fold as there's basically no way we can have the best hand, but semi-bluff pushing is really interesting and I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on that. It's hard to put him on a hand here on the flop..
Old 05-14-2007, 01:20 PM

why does everyone think he would push a flush on the flop? i think he would push a set before he pushed a flush
Old 05-14-2007, 01:31 PM

The only possible holdings I can put him on are KhKx,QhQx, or a higher set.

The hand is really strange, and as it has been said before, a flush "can" be excluded here as he would push it on the flop the vast majority of the time;

Maybe KhKx wants to peel one , as your limp/call, and check raise of a bettor + caller announces a set pretty clearly (a flopped flush wouldn't be credible, as you wouldn't limp call oop sooted connectors, at least if they know you're good), so mayyyybe he wants to see if a K or heart comes on the turn .

I don't know if empire just flat calls KK here a certain % of the time preflop,given the fact that there is an early limper, and given the stack sizes.

I think I would check/fold here.
tough spot.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: that \"eerie\" feeling pt.2 ..new to full ring...25/50 PS v. empire2000

I think that Empire's range for betting the turn, and calling a bet on the turn are pretty close to each other. For that reason, I don't see any merit in leading the turn.

If the turn goes check/check, and you want to try and push him off an overset set, give it a whirl on the river rather than the turn.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why does everyone think he would push a flush on the flop? i think he would push a set before he pushed a flush

[/ QUOTE ]

turn cards suck, pots huge, and the other guy has already put 1/3 of his stack in and looks like he is ready to roll, why wouldn't someone shove a flush here?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:44 PM

from villians pov, if you get in on the flop with medium flush, youll be up against bigger flush, set, or mayyyybe Ah.

sets are a large part of the c/r range, mayyyybe two pair, and using pos and getting in on a blank turn increases equity a ton vs hands you beat.

i usually try stuff like this to get in as a larger fav, thats why it seems ok to me. but im wondering if with the pot this big now, the risk that the board pairs the turn is large enough that you should in fact just push a mid flush
Old 05-14-2007, 02:49 PM

I agree with Rococo here. I think villians hand is most likely a higher set and i like the plan of folding it out on the river rather than on the turn.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:06 PM

Kh is really really unlikely...that turn is perfect, I think you are behind here, but shoving here is perfect as a semibluff. You have outs if he calls, and no higher sets can call.