Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-24-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: ***ROCKETS 07-08***

i would like to echo tuq's happiness for getting onlinebeginner's presence in nba threads.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:55 PM

I assume there goal is to figure out the PG situation by mid season, then trade what they don't need to get a defensive PF... hayes plus alston and a draft pick could get you alot i feel like
Old 10-24-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume there goal is to figure out the PG situation by mid season, then trade what they don't need to get a defensive PF... hayes plus alston and a draft pick could get you alot i feel like

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, it could get you hayes + alston + draft pick.

cant really think of a team that would want those guys

(besides, i like hayes on the rockets, good team guy)
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, it could get you hayes + alston + draft pick.

cant really think of a team that would want those guys

(besides, i like hayes on the rockets, good team guy)

[/ QUOTE ] really, alston is a solid PG that didn't really fit on this team... maybe he will in adlemans' system... time will tell, but i'm gussing he won't

the point tho is he definately has some value
Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vyse you have no clue what ur talking about

bonzi loves adleman so that should be cool, plus they had him at his worst last year and it didn't effect them at all... it'll be straight, and ya i hope they keep brooks to

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure about that?

I wasn't referring at all to Wells' attitude problems. I'm referring to the fact that he's a horrible fit for the team. He can't shoot, and needs the ball to be effective offensively. Except the offense rightfully goes through Yao and T-Mac and Wells isn't active like Scola is and, again, can't shoot. Wells is a good rebounder for his position, but the Rockets are already maybe the best rebounding team in the NBA. He's decent to give T-Mac a breather every now and then, I guess, but playing him over Battier or Head would be unwise. Battier can shoot and defend. Head can shoot and handles the ball better than Wells.

Possession-sucking role-players on a team with two superstars does not work.

Hayes is quite good defensively and a great rebounder and is ridiculously cheap, so how is a defensive-minded PF a need?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vyse you have no clue what ur talking about

bonzi loves adleman so that should be cool, plus they had him at his worst last year and it didn't effect them at all... it'll be straight, and ya i hope they keep brooks to

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure about that?

I wasn't referring at all to Wells' attitude problems. I'm referring to the fact that he's a horrible fit for the team. He can't shoot, and needs the ball to be effective offensively. Except the offense rightfully goes through Yao and T-Mac and Wells isn't active like Scola is and, again, can't shoot. Wells is a good rebounder for his position, but the Rockets are already maybe the best rebounding team in the NBA. He's decent to give T-Mac a breather every now and then, I guess, but playing him over Battier or Head would be unwise. Battier can shoot and defend. Head can shoot and handles the ball better than Wells.

Possession-sucking role-players on a team with two superstars does not work.

Hayes is quite good defensively and a great rebounder and is ridiculously cheap, so how is a defensive-minded PF a need?

[/ QUOTE ]

a taller bigger bodied power forward to guard boozer and duncan

also bonzi will come off the bench, he doesn't need to be a staplepoint...and u were talking about his attitude,then realized that point made no sense
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hard put will be fitting in Wells

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, funny, I don't see his attitude mentioned anywhere.

You're obviously an ignorant fan, so I'll make it a point to ignore anything you say from this point.

In general I'm excited to see this Rocket team play. 70 games from both Yao and T-Mac and health in the playoffs and this is a top 3 team, and Houston v SA makes me bust a nut.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 AM

You guys are way underestimating Scola. They are fine at PF. They don't need another dominant post scorer since they have Yao. Yes Scola may seem weak compared to so many other great PFs, but those great PFs probably have a role player at center...its just reversed for Houston.

Their problem is PG. They have a lot of marginal players. Their best hope is that Brooks turns into a solid player and is starting by the end of the year. Alston looks like he performed the best in preseason and won the job.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I think Hollinger projected them to win the most games of anyone, but he is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you could post for 10 more years and this would be the dumbest thing you would post (backhanded compliment?)
Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 AM

Always been a T-Mac fan, hope he and Yao can get over the hump. Definitely looking forward to seeing their new style of play, don't think they're as good as the top 3 yet but they sure are dangerous. I hope Adelman can control Mike James, Rafer, Francis, and Bonzi cause those sure are some knuckleheads.