Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Analyze this PF vs LAG opponent

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we are not ahead of villains MP raising range, so I prefer a 3-bet to a call to take it down right away. KJo really isn't that strong, and I would think it is in the lower end of an MP opening range even from PFR25.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ is definitely way ahead of his opening range here if those preflop stats are at all accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]
SO lets say positionally aware PFR of 25 is opening 15% of hands from HJ. Our equity wih KJo is 40%.

Let's say they are opening up 25% of their hands from HJ (which obviously is much higher than a positionally aware player with a total PFR or 25 would). Now our equity is 47%.

Our KJo is definitely behind their range.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SO lets say positionally aware PFR of 25 is opening 15% of hands from HJ. Our equity wih KJo is 40%.

Let's say they are opening up 25% of their hands from HJ (which obviously is much higher than a positionally aware player with a total PFR or 25 would). Now our equity is 47%.

Our KJo is definitely behind their range.

[/ QUOTE ]

These equity numbers don't really mean anything. We are playing a pot in position, not felting the hand pre against his entire range.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 AM

OK, let's try this. KJo is around the 10% range of hands. For us to be way ahead with it, villain has to be raising way more than the top 20% of hands from HJ. Sure we have a positional advantage, but KJo plays like crap post flop and we can win a small pot or lose a big one.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, let's try this. KJo is around the 10% range of hands. For us to be way ahead with it, villain has to be raising way more than the top 20% of hands from HJ. Sure we have a positional advantage, but KJo plays like crap post flop and we can win a small pot or lose a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well his pfr is 25% so his range from mp is going to be about 25% maybe a little less like 23%. We have position and he's a "lag" at 25 NL so he probably sucks. Personally I would just 3 bet but I don't think calling is bad if you can just play well postflop. Never really considering folding.