Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Pacific & Canadians...(might be a glitch...i hope)

Trying to log in and it's telling me that b/c of new regulations, they can't allow members who reside in my country of residence to play real money (note, they don't say 'canada' by name but that's where I am).

I remember this happened a few months ago and lots of people panicked, but it turned out it was just a glitch in the Pacific system, so I'm not panicking too much just yet...any other canadians getting this error msg?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Pacific & Canadians...(might be a glitch...i hope)

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to log in and it's telling me that b/c of new regulations, they can't allow members who reside in my country of residence to play real money (note, they don't say 'canada' by name but that's where I am).

I remember this happened a few months ago and lots of people panicked, but it turned out it was just a glitch in the Pacific system, so I'm not panicking too much just yet...any other canadians getting this error msg?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just sat down and played a hand for you, Teddy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It worked fine for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Hmmm...troublesome -- I am still getting the message.

Maybe it's b/c I still use the OLD Pacific software...refused to upgrade to the new one -- any Canadians still have the OLD software want to try logging in...?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 PM

OK, just tried it on my other computer which has the god-awful new pacific software, and i was able to log in and play fine. But still no dice on my poker-playing laptop, in which i have the OLD software.

Now, all I need to 'close the file' on this is for some other Canadian to try logging in with the OLD software and report back here...if he can't log in either, then it appears that it's just pacific that has completely stopped supporting their old software.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's b/c I still use the OLD Pacific software...refused to upgrade to the new one -- any Canadians still have the OLD software want to try logging in...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the same as you. Kept playing on the far superior old software, and I got the message one day. I logged off and back on and it was fine ever since. Unfortunately I got a new computer and am forced to use the new software.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM

no you're not -- search the software forums. some time in the last month, someone posted a link to the old software u can still download from the 888 servers.

search for the thread i made about 3 wks ago about pacific card mods...i'm pretty sure i posed the link to the thread i'm talking about in the original post of that thread.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Teddi I downloaded the old software and am able to login fine as a Canadian. GL [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit * Although the software still crashes my computer any time I open a table...argh.