Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 AM

Default QQ 4betted deep/AA 3betted 3handed

Ok, two hands from a site where i just started. People are basically bad at this site, but I dont have any notes or anything in particular on villain in the first hand. Only thing is that I have been playing LAG and the very last hand I reraised him out of the blinds and he folded. Its 6-handed he opens cutoff to 150. I make it 550 on button with black queens. He repops to 1355. I decide to call. He got 11K in total, I covers.

Flop 764 two hearts. He potsizebets like ~2,9K. What do I do?

Next hand, same villain. Again he opens cutoff, again I reraise button to 550 this time with AdAc. SB now coldcalls, hes been playing really laggish, a bit tilted. Villain from hand1 also calls. Flop KKQ two diamonds. Its checked around. Turn 9c so now two flushdraws and around 1500 in pot. SB makes it 500. Villain1 folds, what do I do?

/K
Old 09-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: QQ 4betted deep/AA 3betted 3handed

first one is awkward, i mean if the players are bad i probably get it in here but not really liking it, u shold have known preflop what your plan was on the flo

second hand i would call the turn, your hand is underrepped, i think i call a blank on the river also
Old 09-07-2007, 11:01 AM

call both probably, whether hand 1 is a call/fold/shove definitely depends on villain
Old 09-07-2007, 11:02 PM

Hand #2 - SB with 5K stack?

I prefer a raise if he's deeper, and a coldcall if he's w/ 5K.

I think I would prefer a call in Hand 1, and making a good timing tell measure of his action on the turn, but prolly fold more than call if he shoves. AA/KK and set would be the same, btw (for the flop), so I don't think you get you're hand all too exposed, unless you've really been out of line earlier.

- AB
Old 09-09-2007, 09:43 PM

fold both
Old 09-10-2007, 03:50 AM

Hand one I'm not folding given your history, he's getting sick of you and his range is way wider there now than just AA/KK. I would also probably shove pre-flop b/c I'm extremely sick of people playing back at me when I have QQ with AJ or some garbage and never failing to hit their single [censored] overcard.

Hand 2 I call turn and reeval on the river if he's still betting, leaning towards calling river as well.

Kirk
Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 AM

whiffer: The thing is - I mean it is a big mistake to have a plan before the flop. The ability to act in vacuum and after you get new informations is the most important skill for a player. But of course you have to have an idea to different options. For example I probably wouldve checked behind if he checked and shoved (or called) if he bet less than pot. Now he potsizebets which confuses me - normally ppl dont do that in 4betted pots so deep. Anyway I decided to shove and he won with his kings.

AB/Kirk/ActionJ: In hand number two villain has around ~6K. I decided to call. River 5 blank. Slim value now?

/K
Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Who are villians?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM

if villain checked river in hand 2 then you have an EXTREMELY FAT, not slim, value bet.