FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: 100/200 150bb deep - play along

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think once brian checks the flop behind you're probably okay,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? why? You think brian isnt check/raising a set a lot of the time here? Or slightly better Axss?

[/ QUOTE ]

i suppose he could check a set but probably not a slightly better Axss IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what makes you think you can read aba in such an exploitable way? Surely aba is capable of both betting and checkraising a set, and I have no clue why you think he wouldn't be checking Ax here, esp considering he is in a very similar spot to krantz and everyone said check to krantz.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
river c/r would definitely be a bluff not for value

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i only c/r a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river, as far as non hearts i like betting and folding.. checking and calling is pretty weak unless its a bluff catcher

[/ QUOTE ]

"unless it's a bluff catcher" uhhhh no [censored], wtf else would it be here?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? why? You think brian isnt check/raising a set a lot of the time here? Or slightly better Axss?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what makes you think you can read aba in such an exploitable way? Surely aba is capable of both betting and checkraising a set, and I have no clue why you think he wouldn't be checking Ax here, esp considering he is in a very similar spot to krantz and everyone said check to krantz.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya ur right.. i try to understand what the great one thinks but who knows.. he could have two jokers here hah
Old 06-23-2007, 02:41 PM

how is this anything but a c/c hes prolly not calling worse/bluff raising a led. hes def gonna bet better and chk down and med hand. buttt he will have to bet something with j10,76, hearts.
as for a river c/r it could be optimal if u think u could get him to dump Ax better.with your image i prolly woulnt try it tho
Old 06-23-2007, 02:56 PM

i havent played w/ him before

but offhand i feel like all three river plays could be okay depending on how the game is flowing and how you're perceived.
i actually kinda like c/f, because your line looks so much like you are going to call the river imo.
i like c/c cause aba knows his bet looks like its going for value, so thats just leveling etc. etc. making c/c and c/f about the same imo.
c/r is really interesting and def the best choice if he folds better A's.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 PM

Lead > c/r > c/c > c/f

I like to lead here because that's what you would do if you missed your draw. But like you said he might now even have a hand to call you unless he got like 9To. I think it's superior to all the other options because #1 you keep pressure agst a realy good player. #2 If called, leading out is obv better then c/c. #3 I don't think aba is strong here, so if he was going for a bluff when checked, He might raise bluff too and you're making more $$ this way. And again, it's never bad to get respect from one of the best at your table.

The problem with c/c and c/f is that it's highly exploitable and you're missing alot of value on the long run. Yes he might bluff you if you check, but be sure that he won't make that mistake twice. Where c/f is just too weak given the action on the flop and Turn 3 way with a realy loose player.

The only problem I see with c/r is that besides 53, nothing got there and aba knows that, so it all comes down to your image. Since you're playing with a realy good tricky player and your hand as a little value, I think that leading out is better, but c/r is not bad either.

how big would be that c/r ?? i think there's around 10k in the pot so like 18k or so ??
Old 06-23-2007, 04:00 PM

turn bet. River bet/fold to a raise is very good. You've shown such mass strength/complete bluff by the river that he isn't raising you unless he has a better hand. And you get called by lots of weaker hands because the flush draw missed.

c/r seems a little audacious to me. I mean it certainly isnt value (he checks behind with any weaker hand), so it must be a bluff. However, the line stinks of a busted flush draw and I think aba looks you up with any hand he value bets on the river.

c/c is ok, a bluffcatcher line. Might be good if aba makes bluffs in obvious spots (but I dont think he does that often). Is good against the random donk that likes to make dumb bluffs though.

c/f: perhaps a little too weak-tight, espically against aba in this situation. Plus you have to wonder that a lot aba's stronger hands would have simply raised the turn or bet the flop.

Major problem with checking remains that aba's weaker hands check behind and you miss value. Yes he bluffs bet, but I dont think he bets here often.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:43 PM

aba is pretty damn good at picking off bluffs I don't think I cr him
Old 06-23-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOL this comment wins
Old 06-24-2007, 05:35 AM

looks like c/c is pretty unexploitable in this situation.

however, c/r is also something i would sometimes do here as it gets rid of thin value bets (but then again, aba can call thin too)

bet/folding is the worst imo.