Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2006, 03:43 PM

Default A Completely Politically Incorrect Post

This post is a response to having a rock thrown at myself and at my car.

Given every single rights movement and the movement to have people be respectful of all races, sexes, religions, etc. etc., I've lived my life trying to be very tolerant of all people. I've lived in New York all my life, so I would say I've had experience with all types of people. Today I was playing tennis with my dad on the Bedford Avenue courts for you Williamsburg or Brooklynites. Anyway, at around 2 o'clock a group of 10-12 black students leave the Automotive high school, which is right next to the courts. Automotive is a technical school for...duh...car [censored] and if forced to guess, I would say 99% of the school's student body is black urban kids, mostly male.

Anyway, following some horseplay between all of them, all but three leave. The three that are left go to my dad's car and start looking inside of it. My dad and I look over but keep playing. Then, they start wiping the window with some paper, and my dad whistles to get their attention and tells them to get away from the car. They completely ignore him, and go back to wiping it. My dad crosses the street to where the car is parked and approaches them and tells them to get away from the car. They start talking back as if it's there right to touch our property. I'm still standing across the street, not wanting to get involved or start hostilities. After another 2 minutes, I go over there to ask them to get away from the car. Once again, they say they weren't doing anything and not touching it, so I get agitated and tell them "You weren't [censored] wiping the window?". Now, they get in my face and tell me that if my dad touches them again, they'll hit him (or some similar threat). Apparantly, my dad pushed them away from the car, but I hope everybody agrees it is his right to protect his property.

Keep in mind I am holding a tennis racquet and can drop any one of these kids (I'm not trying to be a hardass, just makign it known that I don't feel in danger just yet), but obviously I don't want it to come to that (I've never hit a person in my life). One of the kids gets in my face and I stand my ground. I now recline against the car and they cross the street and sit on some benches (this is the tennis court side). They tell us that we better stay by the car or leave or something'll happen. We cross back to the tennis court side to get our racquet bag from the tennis court area and when I have my back turned I hear a rock hit the fence next to me. I turn around and glare and watch the kid pick the rock up again. I threaten him with physical violence if he throws it again.

We cross the street back to the car as I watch them. We get in and as we drive away (as fast as possible), they throw the rock at the car and miss fortunately.

That's the story. You're obviously seeing only my side and I'm obviously biased (it will be said in more ways than one and that's probably true). My question is: Have you ever met any race other than black people who are so prone to aggression and so disrespectful? My entire life, I've been told by people (black, white, and all other colors) not to be racist. Yet, my entire life, I've been subject to racism from black people (on the subway, on the streets). It's the most retarded double standard, and maybe I'd understand it if my ancestors or I had owned slaves or something and even that's far-fetched. My parents are straight off the boat Polish, making me 1st generation.

I understand issues of a lack of education and a lack of income for many black families going back to slavery and civil rights, but it's ridiculous to not be able to expect common courtesy from all people, yet nearly everyday, I see black people being disrepectful and uncourteous.

Someone will make the argument that this is just a poor people thing, but I hope some other brave New Yorker will write to agree with me that black people, more often than other races, act in these ways.

Call me a racist.

Also, the kid did the whole make a gun with his hand, point it at me, and pull the trigger thing. This is stupid. You can not fire mind bullets.

/rant

PS: If this is tl; and you d want to r it, the gist is that I think most black people are assholes.