Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

I have the PS2 version and have played the PS3 and 360 versions. The PS3 version sucks just about as bad as it did last year. It's just about unplayable IMO. Players feel like they are running through mud, there is no sense of speed or quickness that the PS2 version has, and the frame rate difference between the 360 and the PS3 is ridiculous. The 360 version is progressing nicely, but still doesn't seem as fluid as the last-gen games. The PS2 version may not be as pretty and is esentially the exact same game as Madden 07, but it is still far and away the best version I've played.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kick offs are basically useless on this game...

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? I run it back with Hester I'd say 20% of the time and the rest are at least to the 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you can actually return the kick, it's great. But with me and my twin playing we've kicked it out of bounds probably 90% of the time. You never get to return it, the ball always goes out of bounds.

Oh yeah if you're having trouble with the fumbles quit flicking the highlight stick everytime you have the ball LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it for the Wii, and kicking acc is hard at first. I've never kicked out of bounds though. Kicking for power on the Wii is a joke, dropping 55 FGs easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say kicks are going out of bounds, I mean that they go to the back of the endzone for touchbacks. I have no problem with the accuracy(360) and almost always get max power on my kicks. This is All-Madden btw. We almost always get touchbacks, and it can happen just about every time if you have a good kicker.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Well, the kicking system is obvoiusly different on the 360, are you hitting it with full power? Either use less power or aim higher for more hangtime.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:04 PM

When we're just messing around I don't mind using less power, etc., but in a competitive game I can't imagine anyone using less power to allow Devin Hester to return the ball instead of forcing a touchback.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM

seriously, if the kickoff power is too hard, LOWER THE KICKOFF POWER SLIDER

how [censored] hard is that?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 AM

How do you use the "smart weapons?" My guys who have it also have other ones that display instead, and so I never know when I can use it.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:22 PM

Right trigger and LB will show your opponents playart
Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right trigger and LB will show your opponents playart

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory - but how do I know when I can use it if another weapon is displayed instead? I haven't gotten it to work yet.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:26 PM

Punt returning is a pain in the ass. I never get an actual shot to return since apparently every special teamer on the receiving team sucks and simply never blocks anybody. Even when I changed the punting power, hoping that the players wouldn't get to the ball if kicked further, nothing came of it.

This is basically the same as 2007, but none of its problems have been addressed. It is way, way too easy to kick field goals in this game. There has to be more of a challenge to do it. Punting in the training camp mode is a pain in the ass. I point the arrow to the left and it shanks to the right.

I'm very disappointed that I spent $50 to buy this game. For $50, all I got were updated rosters and ratings. Whoopie.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 PM

There's no create a player on Wii that I've seen. I've also heard there is none. It's still a fun game, and the online play has improved big time over the past few days as far as lag. Mario Strikers is fairly fun, but I think madden is a better purchase for long-run.