Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been reading this thread since the beginning, but don't remember if the following has been mentioned yet. If so: it gets another vote. If not: a new suggestion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd like to have a better way to keep notes. Is it possible to add a note-functionality to PAHud (and synch this into PT somehow) and the other way around? So I can make notes in PT and see them through PAHud.

Then we won't need the notefunctionality of the pokersites itself and we can keep notes at sites like FullTilt in PT too.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is effing genius!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

plz. plz, plz. I'd love to have a single note taking program. Eg one that would let us give a player one of half a dozen or so little colour flags, but can also mouse over to see your own more detailed text notes on a player (a la Full Tilt notes). A single note taking system for all supported sites incorporated into PT/PAHUD would be fantastic. PS; and let us import our exisiting previous text notes from sites, plz.
Dunno how simple this would be for you guys, but would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being able to consolidate all my player notes into the DB and update them while reviewing HH's would be awesome. I'm definitely upgrading to a new tracking program for the improvements in speed, DB size, queries etc. But extra features like this, especially if easy to add, would be the type of extras that'll influence my decision on which product to choose.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is not a problem. You can convert your old database; however, some of the stats will not be available unless if you import the hand histories. I have been able to pull a decent amount of data from PokerTracker2 even if the stats are not available.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would I do with iPoker tournaments where I had to enter the tournament data by hand? Can I convert this info from the PT2 database and reimport the hand histories to complete the statistics?

Thanks in advance,
bcsl

[/ QUOTE ]

The conversion process will get all the information it needs from the existing PT database, so all this will carry over.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being able to consolidate all my player notes into the DB and update them while reviewing HH's would be awesome. I'm definitely upgrading to a new tracking program for the improvements in speed, DB size, queries etc. But extra features like this, especially if easy to add, would be the type of extras that'll influence my decision on which product to choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

The notes system has gone through a complete redesign. It is easy to add notes to a player, hand, or session. When reviewing through the replayer, it is easy to make a note in the hand or on a particular player.

The new HUD will have a notes feature built in, so instead of using the site's note feature, the notes would be stored in PT's database.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 AM

When will pt3 be out? Do you have an estimated date yet?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:17 AM

I'd also like the hud to show me my stats filtered as the rest of the players stats are filtered. i.e. I have filters for 10-7, 7-4, and 3 or less players. Right now it only filters for other players, I'd like it to filter for me so I can see the image I'm projecting at the table as there are fewer players there.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When will pt3 be out? Do you have an estimated date yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please see http://preview.pokertracker3.com which provides our time line and answers several frequently asked questions. We are hoping to have PokerTracker 3 out by the end of the year or at the very latest the beginning of the new year.

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 11-11-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The notes system has gone through a complete redesign. It is easy to add notes to a player, hand, or session. When reviewing through the replayer, it is easy to make a note in the hand or on a particular player.

The new HUD will have a notes feature built in, so instead of using the site's note feature, the notes would be stored in PT's database.

[/ QUOTE ]

ssssssssssssssick
Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 AM

The program spade eye retrieves stats stored in the PT db. right now, the table selection tool is slow due to data retrieval time in PT. Is this time going to improve in PT3? It'd be great if spade eye can quickly list tables with stats of each player.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:30 AM

The PT3 database schema was designed with fast retrieval speed in mind, so you should see a major increase in performance.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 PM

PT Group;

I'm going to try out you and HoldeManager on these questions:

I am looking to buy a new laptop, and my main use is Poker. I do school work/etc, but nothing big and obviously any $1200 computer can handle the simple things. (Obv. this is what I would like to spend. I could spend 2k if I want but I did on this last comp and it is done after 2 yrs)

Ok, so what are the specs to look for to utilized HM/PT3? I run these all the time, I play poker 5hrs/day, and I am considering just using 1 db per year if possible. This would mean a million hand DB, maybe 1.2 or so mill.

Also, I am thinking HP or Dell(If there are better options then plz tell me). I think HP might be cheaper right now because they are trying to get a market share, but I have no facts to back this up.

So give me good specs and where you would buy it. Also, AMD or Intel. Also, it has to be 17" screen with 1920 res. but you obv. don't have to actually look into that unless you plan on showing a specific computer.

Now it's time to cross-post this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]