Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Mac w/ Windows-Parallels: Can I share a folder between OSs?

Well its complicated for me at least. I have a Mac along with parallel for windows, so that I can use poker tracker. However, I cannot get the wireless to work through the windows portion right now. (Its something messed up on my universitys set up, ill get it fixed soon) But, I am planning on playing quite a bit before I get this fixed. The issue here is that my hand histories will be saved on the mac hard drive. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could later move these hand histories from the Mac into the parallel for windows? That way PT could upload them as well. I have no clue, I suck with computers which is weird because my brother, mother, and father are all programmers. Was I adopted?? Anyways, any have any clue how this could work? I dont like playing without tracking it all.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Help on a complicated issue

Good grief:<ul type="square">[*]Your title has no hint of the contents of the message.[*]Your post is one long paragraph.[*]You have details that have nothing to do with the question. (The wireless and your university.)[*]Your final question has nothing to do with poker, so it's in the wrong forum.[/list]I'm moving this to CTH and changing your title. I'm not sure how to share a folder between the two OS. Good luck.
-Sam
Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Help on a complicated issue

Haha I suck
Old 04-17-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Mac w/ Windows-Parallels: Can I share a folder between OSs?

if you have not already, install parallels tools. (Actions -&gt; Install Parallels Tools...)

1. Open Parallels. Make sure the OS is stopped. Click on Configuration, under the name of your virtual hard drive.
2. Choose Shared Folders, check Enable Shared Folders, and then click the plus sign and pick the folder you want. And then checkbox that folder.
3. Start up Windows, and there should be a desktop icon called Parallels Shared Folders. Follow that path and you should see the files in the folder you specified on your Mac drive. Drag and drop whatever you need. Good luck.

If that doesnt work for you, consider just downloading the Windows client (im assuming you're playing on full tilt) and playing on that, using Parallels.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Hi guys,

I used to use parallels for my poker love. However, the new version was very crashy for me (definitely lots of bugs) and the previous version wasn't fast enough and pokertracker caused problems when I ran it.

These days I used VMware fusion with Windows XP 64 bit for the host (actually much faster under vmware, unsure why). It has NONE of the problems that I encountered in parallels and I really love it. It's much more robust and I recommend it to anyone playing poker on the mac. Do try to use the 64 bit version though, because I guarantee it runs a lot more snappy than the 32 bit on vmware. Also, you should uncheck the option for debug code because that slows things down a bit too.

Hope some of this helps.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 AM

Thanks so much guys