Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: C/R flop with tpgk, now what

Okay, assuming I bet 7, he calls, river comes another diamond. Is this just a c/f or do we attempt to take it down?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:46 AM

bet fold is fine
Old 10-22-2007, 01:10 AM

Given your hypothetical situation I c/f given your read on villain's play postflop. He'll look you up with pretty much any diamond, and rightly so. If he doesn't have a diamond it'll probably get checked through and you might still have the best hand.
Oh, and the hand is totally standard. Since villain c-bets close to 100%, c/r or c/c + lead turn is better than donking.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:24 AM

Absolutely no reason to be check/raising this flop. You are going to lose money over the long run doing this IMO. Bet it out.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont donk, some people like doing it, I usually dont. C/R here for me is standard. I understand the c/r puts me in this position, but due to his likeliness of c-betting I feel a c/r here is a must. If I lead and he has nothing, I push him off a hand where I could have picked up at least an extra 6 bb's. Another thing about this board is that even if I c/r and get called, it does not scare me as there are many draws out there that he could be calling with as well. It just sucks when one of the draws gets there on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
much like the 3-bet w/ QJo thread, you can make this c/r play with any two cards. You basically turn your hand into a bluff w/ the c/r. You say he could have many draws, but that makes up a smaller part of his range. He really can't have QT since he raised pf, so you have to either put him on a flush draw, a K, or something like a set/two pair. I think you should c/c flop and lead turn.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:28 AM

Dont like your hand vs the texture for a check-raise because before the pots get big i prefer seing the turn on this kind of board.

as played Fire-Fold seems like a good idea.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 AM

I make a decent bet here to represent the flush. If he raises I fold, and if he calls I check/fold the river.

Edit: Whoops, didn't read the 87 posters before me whp said exactly the same thing.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the responses, I guess c/c flop and lead turn is best here. I am going to assume that everyone who is leading the flop is going to bet/fold? Like I said before, the reason I think donking is wrong here is because if he is going to c-bet air, which he is very capable of doing, then why not let him do it? If I donk, I run into the chance of blowing him off his hand, and I also do not want him to raise me.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 PM

don't like donk betting the flop here as your hand is not nearly strong enough to take the heat if he decides to raise you. C/r is a not a good play here considering you have not planned the hand outright. Before you c/r you should have thought about what your gonna do in this spot.

I would have just c/c the flop.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 PM

Everyone who says c/c flop, are you c/f this turn or what?