Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM

Default He called me a Donk?

Ok ok ok... I know what you guys are going to say. You going to say that Im a hypocrit for playing last night when I said I was going to take a break. Hot streak or not Im turning a profit so I said F it last night. Anyway playing shorthanded limit poker at .25/.50(warming up to FR 2/4 limit) and this guy calls me a donk for drawing out on him. Im like a donk? Im defending my small blind and KJ10 comes on the board and I have Q2s. You want me to fold my hand b/c you have a dam 10? I think not. I river him at end with a 9 and he BERATES me. Calls me a DONK and the other player at the table too. Guys this is .25/50. Im multitabling this and Im overrolled for this. RELAX GUY! So next hand he plays with the other player and BERATES him Bad for flopping 2 pair with K8. Now I and the other player check hand history and Mr. Berater had 82s and called 2 bets cold. And Im a donk? At the end we berated him and broke him a couple of times.

In conclusion, this donk thing is getting out of hand. Everybody calling everybody a donk. People have to realize people play hands for certain reasons. Players are analyzed and watched by other players. If you play a good hand and get your aces cracked or whatever hand by somebody its not necessarily that the player is a donk, it may mean that your post flop play sucks and you may be looked upon as a fish. Also note, when somebody has a stack 4x your side and they are aggressive expect to get drawn out. Some how I learned to deal with it.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: He called me a Donk?

If you are in fact not a donk, having players think you're a donk is a good thing. If this bothers you, I'd recommend turning chat off.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are in fact not a donk, having players think you're a donk is a good thing. If this bothers you, I'd recommend turning chat off.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats true. Im to worried about what people are thinking about my play. That itself can make me tilt. Oh well. Today is surfing and a lot of tournament and 2/4 play. Got to move on and get that L too for tonight. The good thing about poker and especially from seeing other posts, no matter how good you get at poker there will be somebody better coming along and even how good you do, you'll still be called a donk,lol.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:15 PM

Agreed that its poor form to call people donks. I don't mind when people say that about me, though.

Also, is it routine to defend your small blind with q2s? I haven't played limit in a long time, but I can't remember anyone aggro enough that at a 6-max or FR table I'd feel that is a good move OOP.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 PM

Some people realize that being called a donk is no big deal. Who the hell cares what they think of you. Are you really that concerned with what people think of how you play on a table? Do you really care that they know 'why' you played a certain hand a certain way? Get over it.

[ QUOTE ]
Some how I learned to deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is just a fantastic way of dealing with it:
[ QUOTE ]
And Im a donk? At the end we berated him and broke him a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

That way of reacting actually makes you a donk, imo.

b
Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im too worried about what people are thinking about my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

If you're playing to impress someone, you're playing for the wrong reasons and it will come back to bite you.

b