Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: 300/600 river spot

I call, you're not beat often enough to fold, and pushing is too risky here imo because he's never folding a better hand and may not call with just Jx hearts or other marginal hands he may be vbing.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TL,DR. You know this should be in BBV since it's one of your first forays playing that hight (right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAA AAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-30-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call, you're not beat often enough to fold, and pushing is too risky here imo because he's never folding a better hand and may not call with just Jx hearts or other marginal hands he may be vbing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 05:27 PM

aside from JT what better hands are yall scared of?

doesnt he 3bet the turn or checkraise the river with them?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really can't see doing anything but calling. I think his range is certainly polarized to bluff/better hand, given that he probably views your range as bluff/>1 pair. I doubt he's valuebetting worse, but it certainly happens a small % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with this, I don't really consider his riverbet a traditional valuebet at all, I think it's way more likely to be a bluffinducer with a wide range (given CTS range of pretty much bluff or nus), i.e it could basically be KT just as likely as 22 imo (any hand that doesn't risk being worse than what cts would turn into a bluff by pushing over on river). It could also be a bluff on his part, but I find this way less likely than a bluffinducer.

Thus, granted that we assume he'll call all bluffinducers (would be kind of silly to bet KT like this and fold to a push), it really does look sexy to push.

I don't agree at all that 55/66/22 etc would c/r river; this bet is a bluffinducer to me from a competent player, and could be AT just as likely as 22.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really can't see doing anything but calling. I think his range is certainly polarized to bluff/better hand, given that he probably views your range as bluff/>1 pair. I doubt he's valuebetting worse, but it certainly happens a small % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with this, I don't really consider his riverbet a traditional valuebet at all, I think it's way more likely to be a bluffinducer with a wide range (given CTS range of pretty much bluff or nus), i.e it could basically be KT just as likely as 22 imo (any hand that doesn't risk being worse than what cts would turn into a bluff by pushing over on river). It could also be a bluff on his part, but I find this way less likely than a bluffinducer.

Thus, granted that we assume he'll call all bluffinducers (would be kind of silly to bet KT like this and fold to a push), it really does look sexy to push.

I don't agree at all that 55/66/22 etc would c/r river; this bet is a bluffinducer to me from a competent player, and could be AT just as likely as 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly possible, but in my experience it seems less likely that he is betting and expecting cts to make a reckless bluff shove for like 45k more, and more likely a bluff/better hand.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a shove here would be cool. He's not ahead that often, and theres a pretty good chance he'd talk himself into a call with a good one pair or bad 2 pair hand, since your line is weird too.

plus if he folds, he doenst get to see your monster brunson.

[/ QUOTE ]

yizzur, push it in cuz he cant figure out ur line and may pay u off with a worse 2 pair or a good pair since u played it oddly
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM

id shove. he looks weak here. i dont see why he is playing a set or a straight this way. he might have AA, AJh AT, 65 etc.

easy push imho
Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 PM

i think he has J4hh.
however i prolly still just call cuz occasionally he'll show up with 34/set, figuring you'll call his bet with your marginal hands, may induce a bluff from your air, and doesn't want to give you a free showdown with one pair.
he figures he gains more value from the times you decide to bluff shove over his lead then he does from when he gets to CR your river bet (which you obv won't call with air and prolly wont call with one pair, so all he gets is your one bet).
i would think the value he gets from the times you bluff shove or call his river bet is > then the value he gets when he chks and you bluff/value bet then fold to a CR.

everyonce in a while i will take this line with the stone nuts as its a pretty good inducer, i feel often my opponent is FOS and so no point to CRAI on the turn.