Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 03:46 PM

Default NL Software/AHK request (+ reward)

Hey guys, my name is Cole and I am a HSNL player. I've browsed through the software forum since I've been a member here and have really enjoyed the programs you guys have put out. I've grown attached to many programs I've found on here (PartyPlanner/FPHG/etc.) and really like the forum's freeware spirit.

I'm a heavy multitabler and rely on MTH a lot. However, the one feature MTH does not have that I would love is a bet pot button. I've seen plenty of AHK scripts recently that attempt to implement this feature (TableNavigator, etc.) but I haven't really been all that impressed with them (don't get me wrong, they are nice but not quite what I'm looking for).

I would really like a piece of software that lets me press one key (or click the scroll button of my mouse) and automatically take my bet size/slider to the pot size, then use two other keys (or scroll up/down with my mouse scroll button) to adjust the bet in 10% increments of the pot, rounding to the nearest dollar. Also, turning off chat sucks so I would definitely like to avoid doing this.

If anyone can make a program/AHK script like this that will help me multitable with MTH (i.e. the script doesn't need to switch tables, just work with the active one), I will gladly send $100 their way.

Thanks for your help!
Cole
Old 06-16-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: NL Software/AHK request (+ reward)

Hi Cole,

I made one, based heavily on the code in TableNavigator, with some NL cash adjustments. Did you miss this one on your searches? or was it one of the unsatisfactory ones in some way?

I linked to it in another post a couple of days ago, copied that post here for you - let me know if it does / does not do what you were thinking...

-------------------------------------------------

[ QUOTE ]
I understand your pain, typing in bets is a kludge, at best. I don't 10-key and using the normal numbers is an excersize in futility. Check this thread for a script that I'm using now, it uses your mousewheel to increment the bet in sb increments.

I've been looking it over and I *think* I'm starting to understand how to do this stuff. (I'm hardly a programmer) I may try a "pot sized" bet addon so that when the pot is 25bb already you're not scrolling for 10 seconds just to get the bet to a decent size. I figure if I "pot" it, I can just scroll down to decrease the bet to where I'd like it.

edit: oh yeah... worst slider in online poker, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never use the Party slider these days... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Bet-Pot / Fraction-of-Pot / Wheel Up-Down Script

As is, this will set the mouse wheel to scroll up/down 1BB, Middle-Click bets pot, right click bets 3/4 pot.

If you have more mouse buttons than me you can set up other fractions of potsize easily. Also you can change the amount the wheel scrolls if BB is not enough fine enough control for you.

Enjoy,

dave.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone can make a program/AHK script like this that will help me multitable with MTH (i.e. the script doesn't need to switch tables, just work with the active one),

[/ QUOTE ]

This is problematic. The table MTH will take you to and the active table aren't neccessarily
identical - so our little AHK script simply won't know what table to focus on.
Now, if you're playing with a mouse this isn't a big problem since we can just always use the
table under the mouse cursor. But once we're talking mouseless, we're in trouble.

Any thoughts on this?

Edit:

[ QUOTE ]
Also, turning off chat sucks so I would definitely like to avoid doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other way to get hold of the pot size would be using FPHG with real-time logs. At least the only other reasonable way this can be done with AHK (+Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I would say.
But I don't know if your machine would be able to handle that.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:54 PM

dave i am setting up your AHK script. I like it very much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Anyways i got a fancy mouse i guess. logitech mx laster 1000 and i dont know some of the clickers are called. like rbutton, mbutton etc. There are a couple more on here i don;t know what they are called. If anyone knows could you please help me?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:11 PM

Link.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Hey guys, I downloaded the script and love it. MTH has an option to automatically bring the active table to the front and keep it there, this makes the script work perfectly. Some things I/others would like to see:

*Don't adjust for the rake preflop, or round off bets to nearest dollar at least
*Able to use player chat with the script (most important)

Hm we talked about in #MSNL and I thought there were more suggestions, but chat is the main one and I can't remember the other requests.

Thanks, dave. If you PM me your Party SN/name I'll send $50 your way and maybe if the chat/etc gets fixed I can send you the rest, hows that sound?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I downloaded the script and love it. MTH has an option to automatically bring the active table to the front and keep it there, this makes the script work perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. Glad you like it. I love to bet pot in <1 second [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As I said in the linked thread above, I can't take all credit - I just modified the TableNavigator code to work well with cash tables.... (or so I thought)

[ QUOTE ]
Some things I/others would like to see:

*Don't adjust for the rake preflop, or round off bets to nearest dollar at least

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha LOL. this demonstrates the low level NL I usually play - I never tested a situation where the SB+BB were large enough to generate rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. It should discount the current round of betting from rake calculations post-flop, although there are obvious problems with it due to my SSNL testing - there is also no cap on the rake, for instance. I will fix this.

Thankfully it works on observed tables - I have just been checking out some $10/$20 - I will get this sorted and post a fixed version hopefully within a few days.

[ QUOTE ]

*Able to use player chat with the script (most important)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chat is tricky - I'm not sure how to select settings in the Dealer: option box via AHK - maybe some of the more expert coders can help?

In principle it can be done - If you normally have it on "Dealer: Silent" (only chat), then change it to "No Player Chat" before retrieving the potsize from the chat window, it works fine - I'm not sure how to get AHK to do this for you though - I feel a learning experience coming up... If only Party didn't remove the "Dealer: Everything" option, all would be sweet as is [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

With any luck this can be overcome. I miss my tilting fishies chat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Hm we talked about in #MSNL and I thought there were more suggestions, but chat is the main one and I can't remember the other requests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any more suggestions make them known - as she said to me once upon a time - If you don't ask you don't get [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In principle it can be done - If you normally have it on "Dealer: Silent" (only chat), then change it to "No Player Chat" before retrieving the potsize from the chat window, it works fine - I'm not sure how to get AHK to do this for you though - I feel a learning experience coming up... If only Party didn't remove the "Dealer: Everything" option, all would be sweet as is [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

With any luck this can be overcome. I miss my tilting fishies chat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow this sounds like a great idea and like it wouldn't be too hard to do, just turning chat off when you need to retrieve the pot size!
[ QUOTE ]
Any more suggestions make them known - as she said to me once upon a time - If you don't ask you don't get

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea hopefully anyone else who's tried this out voices their opinion.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:08 PM

If you could get it to round to the nearest dollar (or half dollar even) that would be really great. I had having my best turn out to be 15.63, some people will think weird bets like that are bluffs.

But overall, great program, thanks alot.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow this sounds like a great idea and like it wouldn't be too hard to do, just turning chat off when you need to retrieve the pot size!

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is AHK should be able to do this:

switch the combo-box to "No Player Chat" -> Get Pot Size -> Fill in bet amount -> Switch back to "Dealer: Silent"(or whatever) all from one click. Now that would be sweet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll look in to it tomorrow, gonna have to sleep soon (1:15am here in England, early I know but unusually I've been up since 6:00am) and I need to have a quick blast on the Friday night Crypto NL before I crash... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]