Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Default 2/4 Live - Nut draw

Minimum buyin 200 and max was 1k. Bought in for 200 and haven't played many hands, except one where I flopped top two and took down a 120 pot. Game was pretty much loose, they were limping and calling a ~5xBB raise with T2s. Even 72s was limped UTG and played for rolls when hit the two pair on the turn.

So I had around 260 behind me, he had me covered. (haven't played much hands and was there for an hour)

I was on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG2 limps, MP3 raises to 20, CO calls, I re-raise to 60, UTG2 calls, MP3 folds and CO calls.

Flop: 567 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot ~200)
They both check, what do we do here?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Live - Nut draw

You got yourself here by 3-betting PF. Just push but who knows if they'll fold.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM

I've actually bet 130, UTG2 folded and MP3 pushes, I instacall and he flips over J8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. And well yeh, he rivered the straight
Old 08-10-2007, 12:21 PM

I would normally say push since you should be able to get some better hands to fold and if you hit your action would get killed because of the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s so no implied odds.

But in very fishy games, where people won't fold better hands as much AND they may actually pay you off with a lesser diamond if you hit, I wonder if playing it slower would be better...
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 PM

Having only a pot-sized bet left, I, too, would have pushed. I would not have expected many hands that had a piece or even an overpair to fold, though.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM

After the hand was done the guy who first raised said that he had AJ (and folded).
Anyway, my question is, would it be better to just call preflop?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Why are you buying in for 50bb? You should really be doing this if you have a good reason, because as you see, you commit yourself to pots and on the flop, I think the only possible move is push. If you had more, you could have more options.

Still, if checked to, I would be in any case because the having the nut draw on a 3 flush board doesn't have tons of implied odds, so semi-bluffing is a lot more attractive.

p.s. try not to be results oriented (it sounded like you were a bit). It doesn't matter that the guy hit the straight because you made the right move.