Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: FTP $3 Knockout Tourney

You don't have a read, so why re-raise pre-flop?

Even though it's a mini-raise, you should just fold. You are OOP with a weak hand.

The ICM problems I have analyzed have shown that it is much worse to lose chips than gain chips when you are at or close to the final table, as opposed to earlier in the tourney, because $EV comes into play and you lose more equity than you gain. That is even more of an incentive not to play this hand.

Given that you did play the hand:

I think it would be correct to check the flop and fold to anything but a small bet, since you really dont' know how big a dog your hand is if he bets. It's possible he could have overs, but also possible that your only out is hitting the strait, if he had a big pair or a Ten. Fortunately, he checked behind.

After hitting the strait on the turn, I don't think there is any way not to get allin. After he checks the flop and raises me on the turn, I would probably put him on trips, rather than a full house and re-raise allin, just like you did. The pot is so big, even if you just call his turn raise, he will go allin on the river and you have to call.