Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: 5-10 NL funny quads hand

[ QUOTE ]
nobody EVER checks a made hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
This just isn't a good spot to do it on, IMO.

Were you gonna c/r if somebody bet? Do you expect somebody to call you with Kx if you check raise? I suppose this depends a lot on the action, but I just think a c/r is generally too strong here, and c/c can be transparent (as at least 9x) too, depending on the action.

Betting is going to get you a lot more value out of Kx, and most draws aren't gonna fold anyway, I suppose you get more value out of the gutterballs coming in, but they might stick around anyway.

As played, I just don't see him showing up with air nearly often enough, and I don't think he shows up with a worse made hand hardly ever.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:56 AM

could it be a misclick? I don't play on crypto, so I don't know how their software works.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This just isn't a good spot to do it on, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

so:

air might bet the flop but fold if i bet. in these cases i win an extra bet.

once in a while it will get checked through and a hand that would have folded the flop (such as a low PP, gutshot or As) will spike big on the turn or river

on the other hand,

a king is definately going to be spooked by c/c. i could always lead turn and river if he bets the flop to try to extract here. but i agree that lead flop usually gets more juice out of the Ks

spades might also raise a flop bet. if i check/call flop, he might be inclined to bet again on turn and river, maybe not. for sure if he makes the flush and i then C/R that will also look quite suspicious, but hard to say how far an unknown would be willing to go with it.

seems close to me. one way wins a small amount more a higher percentage of the time, the other way wins big pots once in a while.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 AM

if theres a bbj call, otherwise fold
Old 11-03-2007, 02:10 PM

Don't raise preflop, this is terrible. However, I do agree on not checking the flop, this is horrendous. Lead out, $20 seems good. Depending on the result of this, lead the turn.

What to do on the river simply depends on how much gamble you have in you. No way to really know if this is the nuts, or a FH/naked As. Could be either. He could be overshoving the Ts thinking you have just led the turn with the As. this really comes down to whether or not you have the wherewithal to fold quads.