Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about sucking out?
Bad because I got my money in behind. 62 24.22%
Bad because getting sucked out on sucks and I feel their pain 8 3.13%
Good because I have been sucked out on and revenge is sweet 70 27.34%
Good because winning beats losing 116 45.31%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Who Do You Feel is WSOP-POTY

Vivek Rakjumar. First year in wsop, one final table, one 14th, he's played like 8 events with 5 cashes.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:29 PM

As the only player to win two bracelets this year, Tom Schneider has to be my pick (plus a 4th in HORSE, extremely impressive).

However, that's provisional. If Jeff Lisandro makes the final table of the 2-7 and Schneider does not, I might have to change my vote. If Jeff Lisandro wins the event and Schneider doesn't finish Top 3, then there is no argument that it would have to go to Lisandro. The guy's one of the most underrated players in the game anyway.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM

I think there should be two prizes--one for the "big bet" tournaments (NL/PL) and one for the limit mixed game events.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the $50k HORSE was WAY more of a crapshoot this year, so I wouldn't vote Deeb. I wouldn't vote Hellmouth cos he's a tool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and he can only play Hold Them. I think it's close between the other three who've all had an amazing Series. Given the recent thread about Lisandro making $1m a year over 9 years and since he's also a top cash game player, I think that swings my vote - he's an amazingly solid player.

PS I thought this was going to be a poll for WSOP Post of the Year and I was planning to vote Bond [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see you based your vote on everything but play at the WSOP..
Old 07-05-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vivek Rakjumar. First year in wsop, one final table, one 14th, he's played like 8 events with 5 cashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psyduck gets my vote... i've sweated him a few times, and he has played v v well, hes just not so good at winning with KK
Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be two prizes--one for the "big bet" tournaments (NL/PL) and one for the limit mixed game events.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Rebuy POTY, Shane? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted Robert because the variety of games he did well in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Deeb also did well in a variety of games...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Hellmuth putting on a helluva show this year! I don't care for whiners, but you gotta give the brat credit.

Although the HORSE event requires all around poker knowledge, it's a small event, comparatively speaking, and winning a NL event with over 2600 players beats out a win the HORSE event IMO.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth putting on a helluva show this year! I don't care for whiners, but you gotta give the brat credit.

Although the HORSE event requires all around poker knowledge, it's a small event, comparatively speaking, and winning a NL event with over 2600 players beats out a win the HORSE event IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As the only player to win two bracelets this year, Tom Schneider has to be my pick (plus a 4th in HORSE, extremely impressive).

However, that's provisional. If Jeff Lisandro makes the final table of the 2-7 and Schneider does not, I might have to change my vote. If Jeff Lisandro wins the event and Schneider doesn't finish Top 3, then there is no argument that it would have to go to Lisandro. The guy's one of the most underrated players in the game anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom's performance is very impressive, and I would like nothing more than to give him my vote, as I don't like Hellmuth.

However, with everyone starting with twice as many chips as they did last year, it's a lot easier for the cream to rise to the top in a field of <400 than a field of <2700.

The last thing I want: To have to listen to Hellmuth if he wins the POTY. Please! Somebody overtake him!