Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Bellagio: 10/20 deep

[ QUOTE ]
ajaxx, yes.

tuckercat, that's pretty much the worst read in this thread. are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not, whats the difference between him leading with JJ or a4 here? if im raising the flop, then im probably going with my hand. id just call the flop with him leading into the whole field though. as played, i think i fold.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ajaxx, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we're talking about the same guy, why is such a bad read? he's more than capable of putting hero on hand like AA... in which case why is it so hard to believe that he would bet out jacks full?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:08 PM

moussa, the whole field is just 1 person. which makes it even more of a call on the flop. no reason to raise at all... the risk/reward is just too high, and you're nuts if you think you're getting 3 streets of value from QJ anyway.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM

He's good enough to know that he can take a line like this with a flush draw against someone he believes to be a thinking player becuase he's pretty sure they'll often drop a big pair.

He is aggressive but he picks his spots fairly well. I have played a fair amount with him and I think that sometimes he has very poor bet sizing and pays off some hands when he should fold. That being said, he does know what he's doing and wont' stack off for 6500 too lightly. I think that you're gonna see 4x here about 2/3 of the time from him.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ajaxx, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we're talking about the same guy, why is such a bad read? he's more than capable of putting hero on hand like AA... in which case why is it so hard to believe that he would bet out jacks full?

[/ QUOTE ]
because he's never overlimping JJ here and then flat calling a raise. never
Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ajaxx, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not, whats the difference between him leading with JJ or a4 here? if im raising the flop, then im probably going with my hand. id just call the flop with him leading into the whole field though. as played, i think i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
did you read the hand? there were 3 limps, villain limped, hero raised to 140, villain was only caller- that's never JJ from this guy. then it's hu on the flop, he's leading hu oop, not into the whole field
Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
moussa, the whole field is just 1 person. which makes it even more of a call on the flop. no reason to raise at all... the risk/reward is just too high, and you're nuts if you think you're getting 3 streets of value from QJ anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol i definately didnt read this hand right. i deffffff just call the flop then with him leading into me.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM

if he has JJ he has virtual nuts, and if you have a draw is more likely to want to give you a free card to hit it, instead of 3 betting and maybe getting your draw out. if he has a 4 he doesnt want to let you see that flush card, so he is raising you, and he knows that if you have overpair on that flop you might be putting him on a flush draw and be likely to call or re-raise all in. he has a 4 or nothing at all.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:41 PM

wat is that kid's deal anyway, why doesnt he play like 25/50 or bigger, he always buys in 10k+. i guess he does pretty well at 10/20 tho, so no reason to fix what isnt broken.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he has JJ he has virtual nuts, and if you have a draw is more likely to want to give you a free card to hit it, instead of 3 betting and maybe getting your draw out. if he has a 4 he doesnt want to let you see that flush card, so he is raising you, and he knows that if you have overpair on that flop you might be putting him on a flush draw and be likely to call or re-raise all in. he has a 4 or nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

no