Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Default The MANIAC and the TAG

Bay 101 20/40:

BB: Me

UTG: Fish who doesn't matter

UTG+1: Super crazy maniac of the 99th order. I haven't seen anyone this crazy in a long, long time, maybe never. He's on mega-monkey-tilt of the worst kind, the table started up 20 min. ago and he's already stuck 2 racks. So far he's gone 6-bets preflop with K6 and then another 5-6 bets on a 456 flop vs. AA. He's gone 4 bets heads-up with KJ on a Q32 flop, he raises with one overcard (drawing dead) vs. 2 obvious big pairs, all kinds of insanity. 3-bets preflop with 75o.

UTG+2: TAG. A little too loose preflop, but he's aware of Maniac and thinks I'm a TAG that's a little over-aggressive and frequently trying to outplay him. He's not folding to me under mild aggression.

===========================

Da action:

UTG limps, Maniac limps, TAG limps, 2 limpers, SB completes, I check Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB. (7 players, 7 small bets).

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks, I make a highly questionable check because there's no way this gets checked through at this particular table and I want to reserve the right to figure out how to respond to bets/raises. Depending on who's doing what, I could raise, fold, etc.

UTG checks, Maniac bets, TAG raises, folded back to me, I call, UTG calls (he has some garbage), Maniac 3s, TAG caps, I call, UTG folds. (3 players, 21 small bets).

Now at this point I'm not sure where I am at with respect to Maniac, but TAG has either QJ/JT/J9 or a set. He would have raised KJ/AJ preflop to try to isolate Maniac.

Turn is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, Maniac bets, TAG calls. Now I know I'm ahead of TAG's range, because he's raising a full house here. I check-raise, because I'm pretty good against Maniac's range and I wouldn't mind TAG folding in this ginormous post. This line is also about the only way that also might make TAG fold against me postflop. There is no way Maniac is folding any pair/draw ever, so that's not my intention.

How many decisions did I misplay?