Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Earth gaining mass?
Yes, it's gaining mass. 94 73.44%
No way, it's losing mass. 20 15.63%
Earth's mass remains exactly even. 14 10.94%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Poll on scum threads

What is your opinion about these thread titles? Complaint threads will always be allowed. It is only the title of the thread that is being discussed.

I will use the results to help come up with the best policy. I just want to see where everyone stands. We all love to bitch, I agree with other posters that we need to be a bit more productive with it though.

Please keep the mod issues in the thread and out of the Buildaroll thread as it has been derailed.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Poll on scum threads

somehow it seems that posting scum threads should be verified or validated by a mod before they ruin a reputation. so many times the "where there is smoke there must be fire" mentality clings even when the supposed perpetrator was totally innocent...the fact that someone dind't like you sticks.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-14-2006, 01:23 PM

It looks like it is up to me to decide. Time to go change a thread title.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:12 AM

An affiliate deciding how complain threads about affiliates should be entitled?

I would be extremely carefull here PA. As far as I can judge you are doing a very good job in this forum, much, much better than what the former moderators ever did and you always have the possibility to lock, delete or change a bad thread, but announcing that all complain threads now must go thru your own personal censorship is IMHO a big mistake.

I just realised that I don't even know if you are an affiliate yourself or in any way connected to them (I assumed you were as this is a forum controlled and sponsored by them).

Of course if you are not, I still feel it's shaggy to protect affiliates by censorship, but it would be more acceptable.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:43 AM

you should be allowed to make a scum thread post if you have a decent number of posts under your belt (maybe 1000) .... but if a n00b or even a gimmick that doesnt have the guts to say who they are makes it, i think it should be deleted
Old 11-15-2006, 01:14 AM

how about if it is illegal to Name an affiliate or a player until the facts have been discussed.

in other words, it is ok to say xxx is a scum because of this and this and this...but don't name the scum until the details are ironed out and facts checked?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously think there should be a rule that all complaint threads must go through you first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen, this is silly... there shouldn't be any need for censorship of complaints... but subject lines in posts should not contain name-calling, like SCUM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just realised that I don't even know if you are an affiliate yourself or in any way connected to them (I assumed you were as this is a forum controlled and sponsored by them).

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record for those that do not know I am employed by Bonus Whores. I am not an affiliate myself but my employer is. In the first 6 weeks of modding here I don't think there has been any conflict since there have been few threads about them. The ones that have been about them I stay away for the most part. This is no longer a sponsored forum. It is no different then any of the strategy forums.

What made this a good fit was my past experience working with affiliates at RRR and handling player complaints. This is a voluntary job and I did it because the forum was possibly going to close when the sponsorship ended.

I also disagree with Degen's idea. Posters can make compliant posts. Thread titles were the only thing up for discussion and I only did the poll to see where everyone stands. From here on most scum thread titles will be edited. The content of the post will not be UNLESS it is proven the poster is dishonest.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
somehow it seems that posting scum threads should be verified or validated by a mod before they ruin a reputation. so many times the "where there is smoke there must be fire" mentality clings even when the supposed perpetrator was totally innocent...the fact that someone dind't like you sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found that negative threads are usually a relatively good thing. If it's a legitimate complaint, it's an opportunity to handle it in such a way that benefits everyone involved. If it's a bogus complaint, the truth nearly always comes out, and that generally makes the original slighted party look good as well.

Unless it's a concerted smear campaign, the only ones who have to fear a negative post, are those who really are doing something wrong. I don't know if I've ever seen a negative thread negatively impact a legitimate site.