Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: ******** October Omaha Low Content Thread ********

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
let's be clear. I think tilt is a part of nearly every massive downswing -- it's almost impossible to take beat after beat, run into bigger hands over and over, lose every race, and still play your absolute best. however, that doesn't mean that a perfect player who never tilted would also never have massive downswings, just that he wouldn't make them worse than they already were.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me take this one step further. I think one of the important ways people "tilt" during a big downswing is that they don't adjust their play for their change in table image. You can't make the same moves against people who see you losing pot after pot, and if you don't adjust you can make things a lot worse than they need to be. So even if you keep your cool and don't start playing like a complete idiot doesn't mean you're out of the woods if you just keep playing your same game.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
let's be clear. I think tilt is a part of nearly every massive downswing -- it's almost impossible to take beat after beat, run into bigger hands over and over, lose every race, and still play your absolute best. however, that doesn't mean that a perfect player who never tilted would also never have massive downswings, just that he wouldn't make them worse than they already were.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me take this one step further. I think one of the important ways people "tilt" during a big downswing is that they don't adjust their play for their change in table image. You can't make the same moves against people who see you losing pot after pot, and if you don't adjust you can make things a lot worse than they need to be. So even if you keep your cool and don't start playing like a complete idiot doesn't mean you're out of the woods if you just keep playing your same game.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

This is a very true and usually disregarded point.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:19 AM

-Yesterday-

I think I've made one royal flush in my past 50k hands and it was some tiny pot that was worth nothing.
I've never been so happy to flop a flush and then see the board pair on the turn...

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $204.85
UTG+1: $69.70
MP1: $196.85
MP2: $578.88
CO: $108.38
Button: $144.30
SB: $116.98
Hero: $263.60

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $9.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($29, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $46</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $78.88</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($222.76, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $222.76)

Results:
Final pot: $222.76
Hero shows As 5c Qs Ac
CO doesn't show Jc Th Kh 6c

-Today-

When it rains, it pours...

Party Poker
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $191.75
UTG+1: $16.27
MP1: $222.75
MP2: $249.30
CO: $267.55
Hero: $221.11
SB: $69.30
BB: $92

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $15</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($33, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $26</font>, CO calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $82</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($249, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $98.11</font>, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: $445.22
CO shows 7c 6d 8c As
Hero shows Qc 9d Qs Kc

AND

Not as big a pot, but still made me smile...

Party Poker
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $149.15
UTG+1: $77.80
UTG+2: $199
MP1: $375.50
MP2: $167.85
MP3: $208.39
CO: $32
Button: $0
SB: $343.42
Hero: $252.55

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($17, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $61.8</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($160.6, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $160.6)

Results:
Final pot: $160.6
Hero shows 4s 3s 2h Ad
UTG+1 doesn't show 2d 9d As Qs
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 AM

Also, finally reached 50k hands at PLO...
This is from the start of the year, pathetic I know. I plan to play this many hands during the summer (it's almost summer here in Australia). Managed to play 1000 hands on Monday. I think the multitable ratio over this sample is ~2 but I now normally play/plan to play 4 tables.

I'm pretty sure this is a brag, but I actually have no idea about win rates, anyone wish to comment/compare?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:11 AM

@mixmastermattyk

nh sir - but your Agg Factors are really high, aren't they ?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lets see........i dont know how to do the math but if lets say u were a 55/45 favorite on average.......whats the odds of losing 10 buyins in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]
it depends what you mean by "on average". chucky's answer is correct if you are exactly 55% to win every time.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Sick.... what??? say What??? I said nothing and it didn't tilt me but.. what? was this guy thinking? I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Janellebb7: $47.80
SB: $45.70
BB: $25

Pre-flop: (3 players) Janellebb7 is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Janellebb7 calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises to $21</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($43.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises all-in $29.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $26.7</font>.
Uncalled bets: $2.1 returned to Janellebb7.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($97.9, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $97.9)

Results:
Final pot: $97.9
<font color="#ffffff">Janellebb7 showed Jd Jh Ah 9c</font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed 2s Kd 3d Ac</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM

That's very close to the worst I have seen, no, that is the worst I have seen. I have seen some pretty bad play too lol.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@mixmastermattyk

nh sir - but your Agg Factors are really high, aren't they ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are solid, close to optimum, aggression factor numbers. AF really doesn't tell you much though; two people with very different games can have the same AF.

And lol at the suggested $5k prop bet with no timeline. How would anyone who took you up on the bet been able to win it?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's very close to the worst I have seen, no, that is the worst I have seen. I have seen some pretty bad play too lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH tell me bout it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was scratching my head... I can't believe I didn't call him an idiot or get upset. LOL must be because I wasn't having a -$ profit session.