Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Kill Phil Charts

cpr is cost per round. csi is chip status index. which is your stack/cpr.

so with blinds of 50/100, cpr = 150, to have a csi of more than 10, you'd need 1500 or more in your stack.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Kill Phil Charts (Version 1)

[ QUOTE ]
If you do not understand something on the chart, you should buy the book!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what the chart tells you to do with JJ in middle position with no-one in the pot. I guess I'll buy the book. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you do not understand something on the chart, you should buy the book!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what the chart tells you to do with JJ in middle position with no-one in the pot. I guess I'll buy the book. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
It says to fold with more that 10x CPR and move in with less. Remember that the book is designed to get a poker novice up and running immediately. Later in the book they explain more advanced play.

To be honest, I don't use the strategy until I get under 10x CPR. I stick to small ball until then.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Any mistakes?
How about ideas for improvement?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:35 PM

Nice chart. I just finished the book and knew someone here would make one..
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think the chart on pg 77 about position would be important for a n00b - they will probably forget to adjust what early/middle means as players get busted.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think the chart on pg 77 about position would be important for a n00b - they will probably forget to adjust what early/middle means as players get busted.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I want it to be n00b friendly. I intended it to be friendly for people who have bought the book.

On a side note, this chart is not a replacement for upcoming Official Kill Phil Charts. It is only a temporary replacement until the offical charts are for sale. I will be buying a set ASAP.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:53 PM

Thank you for the considerate reply. Blair and I greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Lee Nelson
Old 01-11-2006, 06:21 PM

Looking at this strategy from the chart I think I'll be using it at CSI < 10X only. Looks interesting as a push strategy but I really don't want to push that early. Seems like you would either win a few small pots early and/or get knocked out racing or dominated.

I'd rather play solid strategy for the first few levels while the donks knock themselves out. At a single table SnG, playing solid usually gets you past the first 3 or 4 players with little risk.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I want it to be n00b friendly. I intended it to be friendly for people who have bought the book.

On a side note, this chart is not a replacement for upcoming Official Kill Phil Charts. It is only a temporary replacement until the offical charts are for sale. I will be buying a set ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the charts. I think this might actually help sales of the book - I just put my order in with Chapters.ca which has it listed as 1 to 4 month wait now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

One question, the chart talks about post flop play... Am I correct to say that the only time you'll be playing post flop is when you are the BB and it is limped to you and a couple situations when down to 4 to 6 players? Is there any other time, when completely adhering to this system, where you would see the flop?

Thanks,

rvg
Old 01-11-2006, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the charts. I think this might actually help sales of the book - I just put my order in with Chapters.ca which has it listed as 1 to 4 month wait now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

One question, the chart talks about post flop play... Am I correct to say that the only time you'll be playing post flop is when you are the BB and it is limped to you and a couple situations when down to 4 to 6 players? Is there any other time, when completely adhering to this system, where you would see the flop?

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there are other times when you would see a flop. The chart is for basic strategy. In KP Expert, you will limp from Late position and from the SB at times. These types of adjustments are hard to chart. I look forward to the offical charts from the authors. They should contain a more detailed strategy.