Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 02:09 AM

Default 15/30 deep bluff

villain (BB) is total random. Samh is MP and CO is some fishy player, which was why I called with the crappy hand.

Full Tilt Poker, $15/$30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $6,120
BTN: $6,102
Hero (SB): $6,483
BB: $7,201
UTG: $6,000
MP: $6,539

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $105</font>, CO calls $105, BTN folds, Hero calls $90, BB calls $75

Flop: ($420) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $353</font>, BB calls $353, 2 folds

Turn: ($1,126) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $600</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2,200</font>, BB calls $1,600

River: ($5,526) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3,825 and is All-In</font>
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: 15/30 deep bluff

I'd like it a lot better if the river was like a 7.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 AM

this is a bad card to bluff on imo
if he calls the turn, i'd imagine hes calling the river too unless he was also on a flush draw.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 AM

I don't like it, especially after he calls your check-raise on the turn and the harmless river 3 (thinking that no one has quads haha).

The range of hands you can have is the combo flush + straight draws. There's a good chance you might have JJ and AJ. A3 and 33 are less likely because of the river 3. The only hand that makes sense is 5s4s.

FWIW, if I was villain and I have the 5s in my hand, I would call majority of the time. And as always, if I call and lose, it's a cooler using the "he's so aggressive" theorem obv.

But then again, villain's head might asplodes and think "omg, lots of moneys out there. he can't be bluffing and I can't lose 200bbs with one measly pair. omg omg. ugh, sick fold."
Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 AM

terrible card to cbet bluff the river on IMO; for the reasons posted already..
Old 11-26-2007, 02:33 AM

AJ and A2 and 33 were the only things you were legit representing and now those hands mostly suck or are near impossible to have
Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AJ and A2 and 33 were the only things you were legit representing and now those hands mostly suck or are near impossible to have

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but look at his range. Mostly missed draws and weak Ax hands right? A lot of villains would snap call here if they had AK, but have their stomach turn if they had A8.

And why is he betting just 600 on the turn? Probably because his hand sucks and he doesn't wanna make a big pot, or he has a draw and doesn't wanna be checkraised too big.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:58 AM

i like your donk lead here, opponents are likely to give you credit for a two-pairish hand or a big draw (54s, JTs, QJs, J9s, QTs etc) leading into a pf raiser and two callers from OOP. BB calls with a pf raiser and another caller yet to act, an action that seemingly narrows his range down to 33, or one of the big draws I listed above. He probably woldn't flat call your bet with any two pair hands.

BB's weak stab when checked to on turn really suggests a suited jack or a marginal Ax hand i think. your c/r is nice and standard, reps a hand big enough to risk him checking behind, something like 54s, 33, maybe AJ.

Obviously by the river his calling range is about two hands, 54s and 33 for a total of two combinations. His suited jacks and Ax hands comprise a much bigger part of his range, which, coupled with his passive line, makes me think you will pick up this pot often enough. Although your pushing range is really polarized, his calling range is so small i think it's a decent spot to put your money in with 8 high.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 AM

ok i dont know anything about the villain but i'm really snap calling K high here. i hate it when ppl say that when a bluff hand is posted but i'm legit, i really mean it, etc etc etc. this bluff sucks. sorry man.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but look at his range. Mostly missed draws and weak Ax hands right? A lot of villains would snap call here if they had AK, but have their stomach turn if they had A8.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably loves the river if he has A8o, now he chops with some aces. Also, he could be betting 600 on the turn just because he doesn't bet 'standard' amounts. Not a very good piece of info to go on unless its a bet size tell that you have determined from his previous play.