Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 03:15 PM

Default 8/16 live AA multiway facing heavy flop action

Some reads first:

MP has a spaztastic tendency to bluff, and is also particularly aggressive on the flop. I've seen her bet a flop like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after limping with it in LMP against 4 other opponents, and bluff a blank turn and river against a caller who showed a T. Basically, she bluffs a lot in seemingly hopeless situations. She is also very aggressive with TPNK type of hands esp. on the flop, but will slow down on later streets if raised.

Button isn't quite as bluffy as MP here, but is still quite lag pre and postflop, and I've noticed that he doesn't know or care to read hands and only plays his own. It's the kind of guy who says, "I have 2 pair, I raise!" even when an obvious flush and straight draw came in on the river and a passive tight straightforward guy donks into a multiway field. Very aggressive with draws as well.

No particular reads on UTG and BB, except they're loose, fairly passive, and overall good for the game.

I'm in EMP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps, I raise, MP coldcalls, Button calls, BB comes along.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG donks, I go ahead and raise, MP 3-bets, Button cold-caps, BB folds, UTG calls, I call two, MP calls.

At this point I'm concerned most with Button's coldcap. Although he's aggressive and plays only his own hands, he's not crazy enough to do this with middle pair. His range is 2 pair, set, TP, and maybe flush/straight/pair or combo thereof. UTG's call of the cap is slightly worrisome. I'm concerned least by MP's 3-bet, because she could easily do this with something like TP, middle pair or worse. I don't put her on TPTK because I've seen her raise and cap A9o preflop.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks. My play and plan for the rest of the hand? Bet-call (up to how many bets) or check (with the intention of calling/folding/raising - depending on what type of action?)
Old 11-23-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: 8/16 live AA multiway facing heavy flop action

With 3 other players in who only basically bet / raised (their only calls on the flop were forced calls due to cap) I am checking and hoping it's one bet to me.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With 3 other players in who only basically bet / raised (their only calls on the flop were forced calls due to cap) I am checking and hoping it's one bet to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. That three is a big time blank. Is there a reason a check/hope it's one back line is better than bet/call one more or fold if it's two back? The most likely hand here is two pair, a set or (and I think this is most likely given the board texture) a combo draw.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 AM

Given your reads you have to change seats as soon as you can!

As for the hand, stick another bet in there and see what happens this time. This would be a disaster if one has a T and the other, a club-draw and it's checked through.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your reads you have to change seats as soon as you can!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would you sit? I would be happy with OP's seat. It doesn't sound like the sort of table where isolation raises from the left of the aggressive players will actually isolate them. Having a bunch of LAGtards driving a bunch of calling stations into my traps means I'm going to be doing a lot of check-raising.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:02 PM

I donk this, and call one bet back to me, and probably call one bet on the river.

I do think I want to get a seat somewhere to the left of MP if one becomes available.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The most likely hand here is two pair, a set or (and I think this is most likely given the board texture) a combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can rule out a medium high overpair like Ts or Js.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. That three is a big time blank. Is there a reason a check/hope it's one back line is better than bet/call one more or fold if it's two back? The most likely hand here is two pair, a set or (and I think this is most likely given the board texture) a combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn does complete 46, an open-ender. My guess is that 46s is an easy pf coldcall for these guys.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn does complete 46, an open-ender. My guess is that 46s is an easy pf coldcall for these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hilarious. Thanks for brightening my day.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I donk this, and call one bet back to me, and probably call one bet on the river.

I do think I want to get a seat somewhere to the left of MP if one becomes available.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the turn, does it matter where the raise comes from? (I mean, the pot's big so you should probably make the call regardless, but would you be less/more convinced you're losing depending on who raises?)