Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin 2007 POY & tourney results prop bets thread

What kind of odds do I need to lay that Zee Justin finishes 2007 with more bracelets then Jeff Madsen has won lifetime?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I predict that Alan Sass a.k.a "TheUsher" of the shipitholla ballas will win POY in 2007.

I will take action that he will finish higher then ZJ.

Edit: I will also bet that ZJ will finish higher then all of the top 5 2006 Players of the year. (Mizrachi, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Shannon Shorr, Jeff Madsen) if I am given 5 to 1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will make these same bets as apathy if ne1 wants action

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! dont give durr all the action, hes not to be trusted. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet 1k on ZJ over Alan Sass.

PM me~

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your action if raptor doesn't.

Irieguy
Old 12-24-2006, 01:12 PM

i think most people underestimate just how easy the tournament circuit is. i would expect zeejustin to be one of the elite players on the circuit already, even at 21. of course, for him to showcase his talent and remain competitive for POY hes going to have to play an extraordinary number of events, or get lucky and win the few that he plays in.

im not really willing to bet on any of these props tho, because i dont know how many tournaments justin plans on playing and i dont really think id be able to determine appropriate odds to lay.

no im not a zeejustin fan. i would actually prefer that he doesnt have the success and ROI that id expect him to have.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think most people underestimate just how easy the tournament circuit is. i would expect zeejustin to be one of the elite players on the circuit already, even at 21. of course, for him to showcase his talent and remain competitive for POY hes going to have to play an extraordinary number of events, or get lucky and win the few that he plays in.

im not really willing to bet on any of these props tho, because i dont know how many tournaments justin plans on playing and i dont really think id be able to determine appropriate odds to lay.

no im not a zeejustin fan. i would actually prefer that he doesnt have the success and ROI that id expect him to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I will go on record now as saying he will NOT FT 33% of his events this year, and I am willing to give 2-1 action on it, as long as he plays at least 30 events. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I will also bet that ZJ will finish higher then all of the top 5 2006 Players of the year. (Mizrachi, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Shannon Shorr, Jeff Madsen) if I am given 5 to 1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take this bet for $1,000

[/ QUOTE ]

as will I. Maybe the other guys wont repeat, but Mizrachi is a GRINDER
Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon on ZJ about 5:30 into the Podcast
Phil Gordon Podcast

If Phil Gordon has his way it looks like I might score higher for 2007-POY than ZJ.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil really doesn't like cheaters, does he?
Old 12-24-2006, 02:06 PM

durrr plz PM me or get me on AIM to discuss bet
Old 12-24-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf EVERYONE is overestimating how good zeejustin actually is and severely underestimating how much luck he must have had during his 2006 run. i would take the against for almost all these bets, if i could.

when el d said "top 10 is pretty much a lock.. so i'll take bets against if im given good odds" or whatever. i had flashbacks to the nickrainey tennis thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is spot on.

he ran really good for a week, one should not attempt to glean results for a year based on the DBNAPC. am i wrong?

I too would risk 25K to win 5K if I could afford it.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:52 PM

TStone,

ZeeJustin says "The plan at this point is to play as many events as possible in 2007, and try to win Cardplayer’s Player of the Year."
Old 12-24-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TStone,

ZeeJustin says "The plan at this point is to play as many events as possible in 2007, and try to win Cardplayer’s Player of the Year."

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of feel exactly the opposite from TStone.

I'm not sure on what he is basing his "estimations" for the level of difficulty of tour, because the top 30 of this year's POY board appears to be filled with great players, most of whom had exceptionally good years on the circuit. However, Justin will be working with a built-in edge if he's extremely motivated to play a lot of events, especially while others become burnt-out. Your even-money bet on the top 10 is probably the worst bet you offered. Again, I think the circuit is tougher than the best players make it appear, but that high volume can compensate for it when it comes to the POY race.