Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: SSNL - December Goals ?

Nov-

Had a big heater in Nov. made around $6k. Then went on a bad ~3k downswing. recovered about $1k since then so far this month. I wish I hadn't tilted so much during that swing (most of it was on one day

Dec-

play 40k hands. Not sure how hard this is going to be but I can usually put in about 2k hands a day. I also want to be able to stay at 2/4 with at least 20 buyins by the end of the month.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LEAVING FOR A MONTH LONG JOURNEY IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went over around the same time last year. where you going? and most importantly where are you spending new years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout Europe; made a thread in the Travel forum. I'll be in Paris for New Years... going to be a sick time for sure.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play 40k hands. Not sure how hard this is going to be but I can usually put in about 2k hands a day. I also want to be able to stay at 2/4 with at least 20 buyins by the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many of you guys are playing 1/2 and 2/4 w/ just 20 buyin rolls? that seems crazy to me

I feel like such a bankroll nit sometimes... I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k
Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 PM

Could you guys check out the Student Life forum's "hottest girls on Facebook" thread. I put one of my friends up and people have given negative responses. I think she is drop dead gorgeous.... am I blind?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LEAVING FOR A MONTH LONG JOURNEY IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went over around the same time last year. where you going? and most importantly where are you spending new years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout Europe; made a thread in the Travel forum. I'll be in Paris for New Years... going to be a sick time for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

props man, sounds like a blast. have a good time!! definitely bang some eastern european broads, theyre mad sexy and love rich americans
Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many of you guys are playing 1/2 and 2/4 w/ just 20 buyin rolls? that seems crazy to me

I feel like such a bankroll nit sometimes... I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a bankroll nit and losing alot of value. I keep around 22k online and play from 200 to 600 as my regular games. Will even play 1000 if there is a big fish with a stack. Restricting yourself with that much money in your account is just burning money.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 PM

December goals:
- $12k in 20k hands of 2/4
- Have intercourse with a female, preferrably a hot drunk one I pick up while partying in the MSNL mansion at Vegas over New Year's
Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 PM

My goal is to resume the great run I was having in October and to forget that November ever happened.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF

OK, when I moved to SSNL I decided I was going to stay at a certain level and put in a certain number of hands before moving up. After having a killer month at 1/2 HU in October I stuck with the plan, except that I found sitting fat and overrolled was boring me, and I wasn't putting in enough hands or playing well when I did. So I've started mixing in other stuff and taking shots at 20 buyins. I think you have to stay a little hungry, constantly challenge yourself, if you really want to get better. No reason to stay at a level you can beat soundly when you have enough to move up. And the thing is, even if your initial shots fail, they'll give you experience that will not only help you the next time around, but also make you better at your regular game.

Anyway, my goal for the month is 40k hands of cash. I didn't play enough in November, and I didn't play well the first half of the month. (And I wasted too much money on donkaments.) I'll be mostly playing 1/2 (I'm playing 6-max now as well as HU) and mix in some 2/4 when I'm ready and rolled, or if the game is especially good.

I'm trying not to have a specific monetary goal, but one keeps popping into my head. I do understand that it's just something to aim for, not a specific round number I should press to attain. If I play 40k hands and play well, the money will come.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 PM

I find that monetary goals distract me. I seem to play best when I have a hands goal.