Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: plan?
flat-call 2 3.13%
4-bet to $1.15 43 67.19%
shove 16 25.00%
BASTARD 2 3.13%
I'M IN YER POLL PICKIN YER OPTIONS 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: JC Tran controversy poll

No angle, you muck your cards, you lose. Noob to seasoned pro, if you feel the need to muck your hand while the pot is still live, you should be held accountable by losing your right to win the pot.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 AM

LOL JC TRANNY
Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Well, in a tournament, for reasons you don't agree with, the rule is it's a live hand. Deal with it, or don't play tournaments.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No angle, you muck your cards, you lose. Noob to seasoned pro, if you feel the need to muck your hand while the pot is still live, you should be held accountable by losing your right to win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 AM

I'm fully away what the rule is in donkaments. The point is, its ability to prevent collusion is NOT effective enough to warrant overlooking these types of scenarios, such as the JC Tran video. This situation happens more than you're aware of i think.....
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully away what the rule is in donkaments. The point is, its ability to prevent collusion is NOT effective enough to warrant overlooking these types of scenarios, such as the JC Tran video. This situation happens more than you're aware of i think.....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no it does not. Collusion happens more than something like this does. In fact, if they applied this cash rule to tournaments, chip dumping would no longer occur in bathrooms anymore.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poll results are very interesting. While obv a small sample, it is an educated one. Actual players of the game who know enough about the topic at hand to make a thoughtful vote.

[/ QUOTE ]Crikey, your humility is to be applauded

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know why some of you seem to take this so personally. There is clearly (look at the poll #s and the posts on the longer thread) an argument here for whether or not the current rule is the most valuable for the sake of this game.

[/ QUOTE ] TBH, outwith your posts, there weren't many others thinking that allowing angle shooting as you suggest was a good thing

[ QUOTE ]
If you're plan on posting a response to reiterate the current rule itself as it pertains to the JC Tran incident, save it.

[/ QUOTE ] So this thread is only for those who agree with you? Your running a dictatorship now?

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is to discuss the what is best for the integrity of the game, not the ruling in that specific instance.

[/ QUOTE ]as decided by you, you've already stated there can be no dissenting voices to your opinion, which clealry wrong as it is is meant to be for the good of the game because you say so?

Calm down, take a chill pill, and LISTEN to what everyone has told you.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 AM

The only thing I'm "listening" to is the poll #s. Awfully interesting considering the 2nd option is an idea that just came about as of yesterday in the longer JC Tran incident thread...
Old 11-09-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I'm "listening" to is the poll #s.

[/ QUOTE ]We know.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poll results are very interesting. While obv a small sample, it is an educated one. Actual players of the game who know enough about the topic at hand to make a thoughtful vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You're asking [censored] NVG. This is not an "educated sample" and the results are not interesting in the least.