Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 AM

Default DeucesCracked.com Welcome Newsletter

Thank you to StoxPoker for their open policy in the Coaching/Training Forum.

For those of you who have not heard, DeucesCracked is owned and operated by long time 2+2ers DeathDonkey, Entity, and Joe Tall. DeucesCracked is primarily focused on limit hold'em. We are dedicated to giving back to the limit hold'em community that has made us what we are today. The combined 30,000 posts we have on 2+2, mostly in the limit strategy forums, go to show our dedication (as well as our forum addiction!)

Recently, our content has expanded to all forms of limit poker, 2-7 Triple Draw, Stud, Stud8, and guest videos on PLO and Omaha8 by long time 2+2er, Beset. We continue to bring innovative programs like our coaching series, where we review a DeucesCracked member’s play by adding instructive audio to his video recording, and videos on PokerStove and EV calculations.

In the last few months, DeucesCracked has added well known 2+2er, *TT*s Advanced Razz Series on Pot Size Manipulation and Expert Strategy, and Entity’s Road to Robusto series where he starts at .25/.50 and moves up the limits.

Look for our innovative DeucesCracked HoleCard Camera featured in several heads up videos and our special full ring DeucesCracked private game. The Holecard Camera lets you see the cards of every player at the table, in every hand!

DeucesCracked Team
Old 10-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: DeucesCracked.com Welcome Newsletter

DC.com is a quality site made by 2p2 pros esp Joe Tall gives really good info about things like metagame

I would recommend this site to everybody who is serious about their (limit) poker game
Old 10-13-2007, 01:52 PM

I heard Joe Tall and Death Donkey on Cactus Jacks Holdem Radio podcast. You mentioned high quality video and sound. Do you have any demo videos at DeucesCracked.com?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 PM

It's ALL about demo videos for me. This is why Stox is current frontrunner.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:59 PM

I think DC offers some demo videos, I believe they are somewhere in the archives but maiby a coach from DC can eleborate
Old 10-13-2007, 03:01 PM

DC have a number of demo vids. Just go to the video list, some of them say 'with sample vid'.

I've been a member for a month or so and it's definitely helped my game. The forum is very active and most of the limit videos are single (and sometimes two) table, which means the quality and depth of explanation is very good.

I'm also a member of Stoxpoker, which is also excellent. I think you can learn something of value from each of them.

$20 a month to watch and learn from some of the best players on the net? It's a no brainer IMO.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's all about the demos, claiming to make winners out of degens, and f-king with the time-space continuum , you must be getting some good weed bro!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Joe Tall and Death Donkey on Cactus Jacks Holdem Radio podcast. You mentioned high quality video and sound. Do you have any demo videos at DeucesCracked.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

We do and we can produce any clip you want to see, just feel free to ask. Check out our library, CLICK HERE.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:14 PM

As nomdeplume said, our demo videos are clearly marked in the video lists as "Sample Available". I believe there are around 10, each of which is 5-10 minutes.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's all about the demos, claiming to make winners out of degens, and f-king with the time-space continuum , you must be getting some good weed bro!

[/ QUOTE ]
The 'short term' is the duration before a significant pattern emerges, not a fixed number of hands. For degenerates to win you need to extend the short term beyond their natural lives by not allowing the long term loser pattern to emerge (in their poker results, at least). It's about treating the symptoms. I guess Tommy has less sketchy ideas about how to do this than I do.

It's not really on-topic, but I'm not sure if you were joking.