Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 PM

Default my 1st PLO25 video

HI

I made a short (30min) video while playing PLO 25 SH on stars. It would be great if someone could look at me and show me up my biggest mistakes and leaks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The video has no sound because i don't have a mic and also because my mother tongue is not english.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65629388/omaha1st.rar

<font color="red"> ATTENTION: </font>
Video is full of leaks and only for me to find my leaks. I would NOT recommend to watch it if u want to learn something.

thx in advance
abe
Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: my 1st PLO25 video

I've watched the first five minutes so far.

You really should raise 4567ss out of the small blind and checking the turn and river was horrible there.

Also you min bet with top and bottom pair in one hand then hit a third pair on the turn and check folded. If you bet at all on the flop bet strongly, represent the best hand, which I think you had at SD(which you didn't see) anyway.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:00 PM

thx for the feedback so far

i searched the hands you mentioned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] here they are [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

in the first hand i didn't raised preflop because i have somewhere in my mind that you don't want to play raised pots in omaha out of postion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so i should have fired a second pot sized bet on the turn in that hand?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($12.30)
Hero ($24.40)
BB ($19.75)
UTG ($14.20)
MP ($26.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75, Button folds.

Turn: ($2.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($2.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $2.25

if i look on the second hand now, i don't know why i didn't bet the flop. if would have bet the flop and also the river i think i would have had the problem how to deal with a reraise ... only way out then would be bet/fold on turn??

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($21.50)
Button ($14.25)
SB ($31.25)
Hero ($25.10)
UTG ($24.75)
MP ($14.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25, UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO calls $0.25.

Turn: ($2.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.5</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds, CO calls $0.50.

River: ($3.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1.25</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: $3.35
Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Please bet the turn and ESPECIALLY the river in hand #1. If you get reraised that's one thing, but checking down a straight has absolutely no +EV at all when there's no flush possible and a guy having to call you on the flop to make a runner runner straight would just be unlucky.

The second hand, lead out the flop and if not, I think a c/r on the flop would be pretty good. As played though, why are you folding the turn? You're getting over 4.5:1 on your money. Call turn, and fold the river as the cards fall.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the feedback so far

i searched the hands you mentioned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] here they are [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

in the first hand i didn't raised preflop because i have somewhere in my mind that you don't want to play raised pots in omaha out of postion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to raise this hand in any position, I particularly like raising it in the SB because it kind of disguises your hand. Hands like this are fine to play out of position because they're easy to throw away when you don't connect, and when you do connect, you tend to connect in a big way.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 PM

2nd hand either bet or check/raise the flop. If you get called then I would bet that turn too, probably calling a raise since you likely have 15 outs against a straight and are way ahead of a NFD semibluff.

As played definitely at least check call any bet on turn with three pair and the fd, and you could make the case for raising too with a hand that could be best, and if not, has a bunch of outs. I would call that small bet on the river too.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 PM

hi abe =] auch hier [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
one of my leaks is definitly raising hands from the blinds too. i got way too carefull not to play OOP, need to stop that
gonna watch that video tomorrow and post at ps.de
Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 AM

Calling a raise with KQT5ss, then turning the K high flush and folding is spew imo. Either fold that pre flop or follow through and call the all in when you hit.

Unlucky with the set of Q's and FD.

Overall I thought you were a little too passive for 6max, your style would be more suited to FR, but you did have fairly avg cards most of the time. I'd mix up my play too with NFDs, always potting them can't be good value long term.

Overall, I'd say stick to FR until you are more comfortable betting aggressively with a wider range of hands.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 AM

k

the set of Q's and FD was played right or did i have to put im on a set of K's?

so i'll have to try to play more agressive, especialy postflop.

but i'll stick to SH against your advice cause i don't want to get used to FR and than change my style to SH again.

i'am going to record the next video in a week or so and try to play it more aggresvie [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

thx so far
Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 AM

Absolutely you played the Q's fine, never question your play there.

As for staying 6max, I was merely pointing out that your style fit FR better. You don't have to be a maniac at 6max, but you do have to bet and raise with a wider range. I am much more aggressive than you and I will only play SH in certain games I might choose.

I like to believe in that saying that if I cant spot the fish, the fish is me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] So don't be aggressive just for the sake of it.

Anyway I wish you all the luck.