Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: \"All In\" ..the poker movie

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the film with drew barrymore in it. I see a trailer for it seemed like some crappy poker love story dont think it was called all in though.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Lucky You"
Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM

Ah yeah that was it. So whats up with crappy poker films at the moment. Has "all in" been released in the UK yet cant remember seeing it advertised or anything.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Direct to video I guess. Meaning it will run on TV right after the poker boom is over.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yeah that was it. So whats up with crappy poker films at the moment. Has "all in" been released in the UK yet cant remember seeing it advertised or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw it on cable , and im 100 percent sure this movie didnt get theatrically released , eventho michael madsen is in it (probably the only horrible movie ive seen him in) ...

i love how they make "the doctor" look like a genius when he raises 62o UTG gets 4 callers ,brd is all paint , and makes a cbet and takes it down ...i would like to have the doctor play with me any day of the week ... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about....

This is an great comedy and had me lol!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Honestly the reason this is so bad is because the directors refused to listen to the guy who wrote the script. Brenton Goulding (see: 3 generation family in WSOP with grandpa that got railed for cursing) wrote this if I remember correctly and his dad's company put it together. I recall a story about a scene they were shooting where they refer to "Under the gun" as "on the gun" and Brenton was like "dude you have to reshoot that scene it's completely wrong" and they refused because "whats the difference".

Basically it wasn't because of lack of effort, just simply bad management.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 AM

My brother was telling me about this movie. Didn't they finally find a tell on that guy, which was him taking exactly like 3.2 seconds if he was bluffing.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My brother was telling me about this movie. Didn't they finally find a tell on that guy, which was him taking exactly like 3.2 seconds if he was bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea , eventho the "hand reading" guy who read "the doctors" soul and put him exactly on QQ when they first hit the final table but then he couldnt get any more reads on him ,,, wtf ..
Old 08-31-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's in his timing. He takes 4 seconds when he has something, and 8 seconds when he's bluffing...almost down to the tenth of a second." Then on the crucial hand he takes 6 seconds because he knows there onto him. Yes, because if he knows they know his timing tell, doing something completely different is the most +EV move.

This was probably the worst movie I've ever seen. The worst part IMO is that when the hero makes a winning hand, but before anymore chips go in, the music starts getting triumphant. So basically, the river comes and triumphant music ensues, then someone check raises or something. It's hilarious and on Showtime all month. How they got Dominique Swain and Michael Madsen to do this movie is beyond me.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 AM

Yikes, as mentioned, possibly worst movie of ALL time.

Lol at the business guy that dresses up as some sort of sheik to intimidate the table...wtf?!?!?!?!? Nice story line, lol.