Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Default 50NL 6max- I think this hand applies to one of those theorems??

Villain is unknown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($51.50)
SB ($8.10)
BB ($33.95)
UTG ($57.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, UTG calls $3.50.

Turn: ($12.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $24.5</font>, Hero?

My one pair no good??
Old 01-05-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: 50NL 6max- I think this hand applies to one of those theorems??

Without a read, I think this is a fold. It looks like a 4 or 22.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Quite likely, no it's not. At the micros, damn near everyone can't resist slowplaying flopped big hands. Fold.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:18 PM

baluga theorem. If villian was making a move with a strong draw it's most likely on the flop when he has more equity ... a worse king is possible but unlikely. I fold this.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 PM

Why bet the turn? I know its a nice board and all, but you still have a one pair hand. I hate calling this and seeing some donk w/ AK. This is a tough spot but I lean towards fold against an unknown bc he made a normal raise on the turn which implies he's not a total donk. Only AK, 22 and a random 4 beats you though, but I'd fold this. Readless this is tough.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the turn? I know its a nice board and all, but you still have a one pair hand. I hate calling this and seeing some donk w/ AK. This is a tough spot but I lean towards fold against an unknown bc he made a normal raise on the turn which implies he's not a total donk. Only AK, 22 and a random 4 beats you though, but I'd fold this. Readless this is tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. betting tha turn here sux. wut hands r calling that u beat? maybe KJ prolly not KT. and there r basically no draws. this is a great spot to check behind to either induce a bluff on the river or for him to call a river bet wider then a turn bet. as played u have to fold. wut does he do this with that u beat?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. betting tha turn here sux. wut hands r calling that u beat? maybe KJ prolly not KT. and there r basically no draws. this is a great spot to check behind to either induce a bluff on the river or for him to call a river bet wider then a turn bet. as played u have to fold. wut does he do this with that u beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get paid off by someone who can't fold a KJ or KT. And I get value from FDs. It's hard to put villain on AK or a 4 here. If I was against a known decent player who can fold TP I'd check here but against an unknown I just assume that if he calls with TP on the flop he will call again on turn. If the flop was something like 9JK checking the turn would make a lot more sense. But I do like checking behind in these situations but I felt that betting was the better play here.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Baluga Theorem FTW.

2nd time I've posted this in the last 5 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OP, easy turn fold without a solid read to the contrary.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 PM

I understand that you want to value bet the hell out of this guy, but he's unknown and the board isn't that drawy. Personally I like a check on turn and the standard call a river bet or bet if checked to.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:11 AM

I check turn with KQ and bet AK. IME not many people go check/call check/call with their draws anymore...

yea turn is a fold...