Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:15 PM

Default nl25 TPTK vs shortstack, straight card on turn

No reads. Do you push, c/c, c/f that turn ?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($24.70)
UTG ($35.60)
MP ($24.75)
Hero ($25)
Button ($9.50)
SB ($8.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP folds.

Flop: ($3.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Button calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 09-20-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: nl25 TPTK vs shortstack, straight card on turn

not sure if this is a leak in my game or what but I tend to slow down on turn if my cbet is called on flop and I only have TPTK or nothing (busted by sets and 2pr too many times). This is especially true if board is coordinated. You're behind QQ,KK,any 9. Ahead of hands like A10,KQ, Jx. I'd check OOP and see what happens- you're giving free cards if on draw but I don't want to put a lot of money in w a marginal hand. I'd fold to any decent turn bet.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if this is a leak in my game or what but I tend to slow down on turn if my cbet is called on flop and I only have TPTK or nothing (busted by sets and 2pr too many times). This is especially true if board is coordinated. You're behind QQ,KK,any 9. Ahead of hands like A10,KQ, Jx. I'd check OOP and see what happens- you're giving free cards if on draw but I don't want to put a lot of money in w a marginal hand. I'd fold to any decent turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem here is Practically any bet your forced to fold Op could have KQ/QJ, what about $3 and Obv fold to a raise? ...checking here just seems wrong *shrugs*
Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 PM

I know he could still be drawing. Any decent bet ($3 or more) is about half of villain's remaining stack so when he shoves the last $3- are you folding? If going to bet- put him all-in and give him the tough decision (unless he has the 9)?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 PM

I agree. I don't think checking here is a good move.

A lot of players will pounce on the opportunity to steal the pot if they sense weakness. Once you make this move, opponents will know you will c bet / fold turn if you don't have anything.

Here, I would make a small probe bet, if its called I would slow down on the river depending on what it is. If its raised we can get away from the hand easily.

Checking just seems -EV in my opinion. We would lose money by folding to a inferior hand and lose money if villain checks behind and we call a value bet on the river.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Villain has ~3/4 pot stack, I don't see how we can bet/fold here. Check/folding seems weak I guess. Check/calling I'm not sure Villain will bluff enough with worse hands, the board is so scary. Maybe push, hoping to be called by AT,JQ-JK ???