Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 03:49 AM

Default Pocket pairs on paired flops: How do you handle them?

Lets say you are on the button holding 77 with a couple callers, and the flop comes JJ5. How do you handle this kind of situation? How does it change when you are out of position? How much of a difference does it make if your pair is higher than the pair on the board? I'm slightly confused by theses situations, and would like some input.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Pocket pairs on paired flops: How do you handle them?

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say you are on the button holding 77 with a couple callers, and the flop comes JJ5. How do you handle this kind of situation? How does it change when you are out of position? How much of a difference does it make if your pair is higher than the pair on the board? I'm slightly confused by theses situations, and would like some input.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to give this info out, but if checked to you on the flop, pause long and then check. If checked thru again, (most of the time it is) make your c-bet on the turn and you win 90% of the time. Make sure you fire your turn bet out quickly. If you try to fire out on the flop, villians will not give you credit for trips and float you.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to give this info out, but if checked to you on the flop, pause long and then check. If checked thru again, (most of the time it is) make your c-bet on the turn and you win 90% of the time. Make sure you fire your turn bet out quickly. If you try to fire out on the flop, villians will not give you credit for trips and float you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the deck is a scare card for your hand though on the turn, are you going to fire the an AKQT turn??? If you are I assure you it won't take it down 90% of the time. Also not very many villain's in unl are sharp enough to float, or even know what floating means.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:22 AM

If I raised preflop, which I should have with 77, I make a standard continuation bet. Just play all your hands the same and save yourself some trouble.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:31 AM

This is meaningless [censored]. Post hands and you'll get proper answers.