Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: 1 Robber from NYC Shooting Arrested--Shocker, he has a record

I didn't understand the story completely....were they saying that they did not get it in front of a grand jury in time or that the grand jury refused to indict?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't understand the story completely....were they saying that they did not get it in front of a grand jury in time or that the grand jury refused to indict?

[/ QUOTE ]

refused.

PS: the question about if this guy was a regular should not be answered until the robbers are all caught. I know this is annoying, but its for the best.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the Grand Jury failed to indict this guy in a timely manner and he was released yesterday. Charges are still pending, but he can't be held without an indictment...

Defense claims that charges are based solely on a single eye witness...

Story also includes description of earlier murder conviction. Pretty sick that this guy was on the streets regardless of what his role was in the murder and robbery two weeks ago.

New York Post story

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I have so much respect for Mrs. DeSena.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:22 PM

Not to create more havoc then I usually do, but, what the hell, let's give it a go:

One wonders why, given the rules of this forum, we are constantly told not to discuss anything specific, but you feel free to give us the statement "they got the right guy ... trust me on this one". Seems a bit contradictory to make someone's guilt "obvious" when said person was arrested and then released after several days without an indictment. Also, it stands to reason that if we're told that this person is 100% "the right guy", it shouldn't be an issue for us to be told whether or not he was a club regular, etc.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Firestorm - do us all a favor, get lost. You have done nothing helpful in these NYC poker threads. I'm 1 post away from banning you for trolling. It hasn't happened sooner because I'm trying to be as fair as possible but next time will be the last straw. This is your final warning, and its public so you have no one to blame but yourself if you misstep. If you don't like the way the forum is run then start your own forum and you will have nobody to complain about.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:12 PM

I told you already, feel free to ban me at any point. If that's what you do for freedom of speech, so be it. My question is simple and makes a legitimate point, if you choose not to answer by blasting me because you hate the fact that I criticize your policies, this is your issue, not mine. The question is very clear, why is it OK to conclusively state that someone is guilty of robbing XYZ club but not OK to state whether or not said person frequented XYZ club? Which forum rule is this violating?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 PM

I requested myself to be banned, sorry to those who like my posts, and those who don't, you have a reason to be happy now. Absolutely ridiculous that I get threatened to be run for asking a reasonable legal question. I suppose I should construct future inquiries with the provision that the responding party possess a functioning brain.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He will be brought back in for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might be a little hard to find, given that he knows he's probably going to get indicted for felony murder really soon. I think the cops/d.a. really f'd this up bad. This guy is probably staying with his buddy in Cleveland or his cousin in Atlanta or some such by now.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 AM

All - sorry for the distraction from this critical issue. Firestorm is gone, lets get back on track.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He will be brought back in for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might be a little hard to find, given that he knows he's probably going to get indicted for felony murder really soon. I think the cops/d.a. really f'd this up bad. This guy is probably staying with his buddy in Cleveland or his cousin in Atlanta or some such by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually they have a detective assigned to follow the accused so they don't lose him. Of course I would not be surprised if he tries to flee, and considering the bumbling nature of the case so far I wouldn't be surprised if he shakes any tail he may have (assuming one was assigned)